Playing as early war Russians

Enigma is in no position to teach about such matters, since the fellow is simply right. No doubt he thinks he is being a good sport trying to get the most out of T-26s, but the bottom line is that (a) T-26s suck and (B) trying to be a good sport for fanboys to slaughter pop-top untermenschen is neither a dictate of reason nor much fun.

I repeat there is no reason whatever for Russian players to deliberately take underpowered equipment just to satisfy relentless cherry picking German opponents and their preconceived fantasies of their non-existent superiority.

If your opponent agrees never to take Tigers when they rule, you can reciprocate by agreeing not to take KVs when they rule. But if he doesn't and you drive T-26s anyway, you are just being a patsy, fool, lap-dog, and doing nobody any good.

Edited to soften the responce down...

Enigma is in no position to teach about such matters, since the fellow is simply right. No doubt he thinks he is being a good sport trying to get the most out of T-26s, but the bottom line is that (a) T-26s suck and (B) trying to be a good sport for fanboys to slaughter pop-top untermenschen is neither a dictate of reason nor much fun.
What fanboys ... who the hell are you talking about lol!

T26s ... used just like any other tank can and will defeat a tank of its own caliber: Panzer 35 (t), Panzer 38 (t), Panzer I, Panzer II, it will chop up infantry if you let them and can kill soft skinned vehicles ... not too shaby.

I repeat there is no reason whatever for Russian players to deliberately take underpowered equipment just to satisfy relentless cherry picking German opponents and their preconceived fantasies of their non-existent superiority.
What cherry pickers would these be?

Have you heard of ground rules, try setting some and sticking to them to get a more "realsitic" feel to your quick battles...

i.e. no heavily armoured Panzer IIIs, T34s, KV tanks, sometimes the early war stugs and no 76mm field guns since they were not as numerous as the other tanks and weapons.

If you try doing something to this effect, you will find these tanks you slag off can actually be pretty decent when you get to play with them.

If your opponent agrees never to take Tigers when they rule, you can reciprocate by agreeing not to take KVs when they rule. But if he doesn't and you drive T-26s anyway, you are just being a patsy, fool, lap-dog, and doing nobody any good.
Where do you come up with this, if theres no ground rules ... go with whatever the hell you feel like its that simple ... am not saying the T26 with trump a Tiger ....

After all having a bunch of urber weapons, be they guns or tanks is gamey, not fun if your always using them and rather unrealsitic.

So yes i do think am in a position to teach ... why because i play for fun as well as for some realism, because i dont "cherry pick" a uber German force,

because i use BT7 tanks and kicks peoples arses and because ive had people beat me senceless with T26s, BT7s, Pz35 and Pz38s.

You two are going to get high and mightly about how crap they are ... trying setting some ground rules sticking to them, have some fun and find out what a game without Tigers and KV tanks are like.

lol jeez!

For the record, i should point out i play mostly scenarios where i have a force given to me so dont cherrypick ... i should so point out if anything am a BRITISH FANBOY ... we won the war you know it !!!! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

If you want Jason ... or the n00b with his uber tanks tongue.gif lets set some ground rules and play a few QBs just for fun ... in the end its just a game and how can it be fun all the time if you can kick the crap out of things with out really trying (i.e. always using uber tanks) tongue.gif

bitchen frizzy: excellent point! smile.gif

[ April 19, 2007, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: the_enigma ]

I found it too large for my own liking sorry, so i didnt play past a few turns.

I do admit the map looked great! I think i did see an odd problem with some of the roads (like trees cutting them up etc) but that was it, otherwise it did look good smile.gif

I believe i did leave my thoughts with you on TPG.

[ April 19, 2007, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: the_enigma ]