cover question w/screen...

OK... excuse me for my ignorance, but I'm STILL trying to get good and understand certain things in this game.

In the attached screenshot, my armor unit, (unbuttoned), clearly is overwatching the left side of this battlefield... and clearly even the main gun is overwatching... then why the Hello is the line of site say blocked, and it stays blocked till pretty close to the unit. The screenshot is at level one, and I want the unit to cover the building and treeline, which looks clearly possible...

any ideas, tips, comments? Thanks for your time.

Image_2003-01-02%201400.22.000.jpg

Have you tried the LOS tool all over the building, particularly around the top of the building?

Somewhere in the original CMBO manual I *think* there is a comment that buidlings can be surrounded by abstracted impediments to LOS such as trees, hedges, which aren't graphically displayed. If you wiggle around the visible portion of the building, you might be able to find clear LOS. I assume it works the same in CMBB.

Also, I've got a broke-a$$ video card at work and the screen shot is damned near black, so I'm assuming it's not a night time scenario.

My 1st thought is that you're playing a night battle, so LOS has a max. point beyond which you can't see.

Here's a chart re: CMBO LOS as affected by weather, which probably hasn't changed much for CMBB:

LOS Clr Overcast Rain Fog Thick Fog Snowing

Day 4000m+ 4000m+ 2000m 745m 250m 1000m

Dusk/Dawn 1050m 760m 435m 200m 85m 250m

Night 185m 145m 95m 55m 30m 65m

So even in clear weather, nighttime LOS is 185m, maximum... which is death on tanks trying to avoid Panzerschrecks and the like. Hope this helps...