Exporting Maps?

Hi, I hope what I want to do is possible or I might loose the rest of my hair smile.gif

I sat here with a city map of a Berlin Suburb painting a map that I thought is pretty neat.

It all started out as a scenario, but I soon realized capturing a 1000x1000m city and securing "Berliner Strasze" takes to many turns except if the russians ride on Porsche's.

Now I thought, can't be that hard to reuse the same map as a source for a campaign... but so far I can't find a way to do that. How can I reuse my scenario map?

Help!

SteppenWolf

Yep, If I just want to reuse it in another scenario that would be easy.

I tried sneaky things like remove all troops and rename it to the operation extension but that didn't worked either. Which figures because of the file headers...

Now since I got some coding skills I guess I will spend some time looking if I can figure out the file format...

Maybe I will be famous one day for the CMBB map export util smile.gif

SteppenWolf

Wolf- I ran into the same problem with my first big map: after investing some hours I realized it would work better as an operation, but apparently there's no way to export it.

FWIW, the operations I've played in cities haven't worked all that well: I've had a problem with unrealistic (IMO) insertion of units between games. I imagine city fighting as carrying on virtually nonstop, with less possibility for withdrawl and regroup than rural battles. So maybe your map will work fine for a big, long (50-60 turns or more) battle....use scheduled reinforcements to refresh forces rather than the operation scheme. Another alternative is to play one battle, then if you need more time save the game at the very end (Click "Look at Map" at game end, then Save). You can then _import_ the map, including all damage and troops (alive and otherwise) into a new QB, and buy more forces for another go round. Makes a decent substitute for a true operation.

In any case I'd be interested in a realistic map of suburban Berlin....if you wouldn't mind my playing on it please post it to one of the host sites or email to me directly!

Thanx and good luck, Matt

JayKey,

I tried to expand the battle to 80 turns with variable ending and it turned into an quiet enjoyable battle.

About the map, sure I would share but I've to warn you, it's the second map I ever did, so it probably just took me long because I'm new to map design.

Also I don't know if my "accurate map" holds up to the standards used here *LOL*. I went a german website with maps from the Area arround Berlin (current maps)and selected the one of Oranienburg since I thought it makes in interesting fighting place smile.gif

So I got the basic layout, the main roads, the river etc but for example elevations are not accurate...

I still wonder where people find old historic maps

Steppenwolf