Opinions on the best looking terrain sets

Well, I hate windows! I had to format and reinstall XP a couple of days ago because of some major problems, which meant losing my precious CMBB folder.

Not having a great internet connection in the country I'm residing in currently, I don't really want to have to download all the terrain to test it out myself. So was hoping for some advice and/or pics with mod names.

I want the prettiest, most realistic looking snow and snowless terrain with a topo base. Anyone willing to advise with some details?

Thanks

Well I really love S Dog's terrain for Russia 1941 to 1944 (I have a CMBB late war game and use different terrain for that). UncleTgts roads, Juju's factory, Patboys shacks, Undaunted's bitchin skies, Gurra's rail fences, church and Rodinia small buildings.

Looks like this:

russiaterraintd1.th.jpg

For winter I like Dey's stuff, with my winter roads (Although UncleTgt provides a very good look as well - very different from Dey's).

winterri8.th.jpg

Anyway that's my take.

DavidI

Hi

that sounds a very good list. I would add to that

Pats trenches; MikeyDs grass, "Dodads", winter roads, rubble, terrain bases; Strontium Dogs trees, winter water; Uncle targets steppe and Phillipe's intro screens.

Personally I do not like Deys stuff as it is too white and so use the ordinary snow or GAJ hi-res snow if I need to see the terrain.

Get McMMM mod manager too!

cheers

Brent Pollock said:

"The only terrain mod I have ever become addicted to is the one that differentiates foxhole-like craters from those which are too shallow to use as cover. It is BMP 1210 and also works in CMAK."

I say: ditto. A truly useful mod.