Mod me up, Sottty. Mod question?

I played around a lot with skins for my old CMBO but have yet to fool with them in CMBB. What is the best place to go to get new high res skins? Are most skins for CMBB compliant with CMMOS or do I have to fiddle around a lot with them?

Lastly, has anybody put together skins in packages where I can download a bunch of the most popular skins in one sitting rather than pulling them down one at a time?

Thanks

http://www.cmmods.com/

The above sight is (in my opinion) the reigning champ, followed by the CMMOS site:

http://www.combatmission.com/cmmos/cmmos.asp

The question of "high res" skins doesn't come into play much in CMBB because CMBB's default skins = CMBO's high res 3rd party skins (and much of the default artwork was done by the best CMBO 3rd party modders). So compared to CMBO ALL CMBB mods are high res.

As to 'best of' mod packs, it'd be hard to do because one man's meat is another man's poison (I cringe looking at some of the top mods!). But in CMMODS you can search the database by most popular, then if you see a designer you like you can sort by name.

There are a few mod packs around. Mr. Newbie's SU Pack, my own Stug Pack and IS-2 mod/alt. packs, and look under terrain in CMMODS for a monster muted-color terrain pack if that's to your tastes!

Happy hunting.

[ August 08, 2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]