Should i take the plunge?

Im thinking of starting to mod... tanks that is... not sounds...

Since i really like camoed ruskies (no matter how ahistorical it may be!) i have been tinkering around with photoshop elements... and ive started to make some mods for my own pleasure (again) and i might just release them... but i must say... its a pain in the ar*e to make all them patterns line up... how do you do it modders??? is it just patience or is there a trick?...

oh well anyway... i just wanted to check if anyone is as nuts about camoed ruskies as me...

matching up camo: it's a royal pain in the tush. Trial and error is how I do it....

1. guess at roughly where it should line up

2. view in 'in-game'

3. adjust.

4. Repeat.

Or, you can 'cheat' always make the 'edge' color the same (make none of your splotches go over the edge)

I would be interested in seeing screenies of your camo patterns as well.

Zimorodok

Yeah, what he said. It's like some Chinese puzzle, especially with the way some textures repeat. GEM said one of the first things he does is lay out a grid on a Layer for each texture. That could really cut down on the amount of trial & error, but I don't think there's any way around it completely.

strt

Well ive been trying it out a little... might actually post a screeny of my kv-85 wip... but i find that putting the pics next to eachother makes it slightly easier to line them up... but then you have to save them as both separate layers and real bmps if you are to be able to come back and make adjustments... something i have learnt the hard way... so the kv ill be posting is not going to be released since i cant go back and change it...

Link to pic cos pic wont show...

Well heres my kv-85... its not done (and this perticular version never will be) so not all the bmps are camoed... as you can see not all of the camo-patterns line up properly... but its nice for a second attempt right? (my first attempt was a r-35 and im quite satisfied with it)

Heres the link to the french tank if you want to look at it...

[ April 21, 2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Oddball_E8 ]