How can someone do this?

I just came back with my unit from a weekend drill and was shocked to find out, that while we were gone, 22 of the parked cars were broken into, including one stolen. We always have a few every year, but never 22 in 2 days. I am appaled at my State and its inability to provide us with basic security. The Government has money to spend on Iraq, but no money for our own soldiers.

Well, I have to play CMBB somemore to vent my anger..... :mad:

My unit just got back from a weekend exercise, and you should have seen the crap car we had to drive out there!

Our Armoury had its own parking lot which was recently reclaimed by the city. We now park at the Staples store across the street cause we get ticketed if we part anywhere else for the weekend.

We used to have full time security at the armoury, but the money for that got pulled years ago.

I agree - very disgusting.

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

I just came back with my unit from a weekend drill and was shocked to find out, that while we were gone, 22 of the parked cars were broken into, including one stolen. We always have a few every year, but never 22 in 2 days. I am appaled at my State and its inability to provide us with basic security. The Government has money to spend on Iraq, but no money for our own soldiers.

Well, I have to play CMBB somemore to vent my anger..... :mad:

Er...try to look on the bright side, lad. Ohio! Number one in theft and vandalism! Your State excels...just, possibly, not in a good way.

On the other hand, if you'd left 22 'known to be there for a while and unprotected' cars in Chicago, you wouldn't even have found a puddle of window glass when you got back...