1.04 waw patch problem

I installed the patch but upon running the game I get an error "sc2.ini: Could not find #VIDEO_ACCELERATION= "

I have re-installed the game and it runs fine but re-applying the patch the same error. I also downloaded the patch from a different site with the same results.

The sc2.ini file is in the game folder but I cannot edit it. It appears to be protected. The file contains the above line with a 0 after the =.

I have SLI and am running Vista.

Thank you for you help. Don

Don,

Vista has a little quirk that we are going to resolve with the next patch.

For a simple workaround right now, please navigate to your installation directory and then click on 'Compatibility Files' in the tool bar of your Windows Explorer which will take you directly to something called a Virtual Store folder. See more of the details about this in the following link:

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VistasShowCompatibilityFilesAndTheScrumptiousWonderThatIsFileVirtualization.aspx

After this simply open the sc2.ini file for editing and add the following line:

#VIDEO_ACCELERATION= 0

This should allow you to start the game as it normally would.

Let me know if this helps,

Hubert

• 4 weeks later...