Game Not Working

Hi,

I tried the demo of SC2 and liked it so I thought I would buy it. The demo ran fine, but the game won't run at all. I have the latest version (1.06) and Windows Vista. Here's the error I get:

[06/24/2007 12:46:36; 6.0.6000; 0x0x32(0); v1.06] FAILED(make): 0x8007007e The specified module could not be found.

Any ideas?

It seems like you are missing .Net 1.1 or 2.0

Getting a lot of Google hits when I search on the error code.

You can download those at microsoft.com or with your Windows Update in Vista.

I hope that helps.

I dumped Vista after a few weeks myself, it's way to slow and buggy for my taste.

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This seems to be an odd error on Vista for some reason and even here not on every computer.

This is essentially a response I posted for a similar issue a while back:

To resolve the issue I would try a couple of things... first make sure that the file 'dx7vb.dll' is in fact located in your SC2 installation directory as that will tell us if you have the latest version installed. If not you will have to either download the latest patch and apply it to the game.

At this point, if you do in fact have the 'dx7vb.dll' file in the SC2 installation directory I would ask you to launch the game under an Administrator log in (for the first run) or at least "Run as an Administrator" by right clicking the EXE or shortcut to the game and selecting the "Run As an Administrator" option. Note, if you are not currently logged in as an Administrator it will ask you for the appropriate Administrator Username and Password.

After that the game should register the 'dx7vb.dll' file and it will run smoothly after that.

I just wanted to add, please disable the User Access Control (UAC) when running the game for the first time and if it launches successfully then you can re-enable it as required.

Let me know if this helps,

Hubert

Hubert,

Thank you so much for the response. I did in fact have the dx7vb.dll file in my SC2 directory. Running the program as Administrator did not solve the problem. Neither did turning of UAC. But the problem was the dx7vb.dll file! In order for Vista to 'recognize' this .dll on my computer, I had type the following command in a command window:

regsvr32 dx7vb.dll

Once I did that, the program ran! Just another Vista oddity?! :D

Thanks again for the response! It's nice to see great customer support these days. Now, I'm off to try SC2 out for real...