Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Installation Error

Hi Matthew,

It looks like your Chinese Traditional OS doesn't like the German character used for the Fall Weiss name, i.e. "Fall Weiß" (hopefully if it shows properly in your browser).

Can you try setting up alternative language support for your computer, namely German text etc. to see if that helps?

This can be accessed via Control Panel->Regional and Language Support. Once it pops up if you click on the Languages Tab you should be able to install Supplemental Language support and this will hopefully resolve the issue for you.

Hubert

Thanks Hubert, but it doesn't help. I tried to install all the language in the setting, but it still prompt the error.

So I try to use my other computer (WinXP english version) install the game, and copy the missing "Fall Weiß" and "Fall Weser ung" campaign files to play.

But it doesn't solve the problem completely, while I load the saved game for those 2 compaigns, it still prompt the error I mentioned in other post.

Is it possible provide a "Campaign Pack" for download which containing "Fall Weiß" and "Fall Weser ung" campaigns, they are identical to the original one, but all the files don't contain any special charater?

go there, and from there to...

xp-sysloc-Step2.JPG

here and set this to the language you need...

xp-sysloc-Step3.JPG

...that way i installed a original russian game(sent from russia) on a german version xp machine wich wasnt able to read the file system on the CD bevor i changed this.

meybe this helps.

EDIT:

and do not mess with the other checkboxes or so. just set the language wich shall be supported for non-unicode programs(what ever that is) to the needed one.

if any other text is looking weird after this(a date of a file in german instead of cinese numebrs or so) just re-set, after playing, to the default language wich was selected originaly.

[ May 09, 2006, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]