Problems with SC

I was having fun playing SC on a windows XP PC. I even got my Nephew to buy a copy.

I then had to rebuild my PC and installed Windows XP media center edition. I reinstalled SC but it now keeps crashing (either with a frozen screen or rebooting the PC). If I try and open a PBEM saved game I get the following message "Run time error : This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusal way" Apart from the interesting grammer it then throws me out of the game and back to the desktop.

I have installed the V1.07 patch and tried the windows 98/me compatability mode neither solved the problem

Please help, as my nephew needs to be taught that the French really could have saved Paris if the British had given them thier full support!

Please help, as my nephew needs to be taught that the French really could have saved Paris if the British had given them thier full support!
Almost true in the game, if the axis are alittle slow and the allied played very experenced the allies CAN stop or seriously slow the Germany war machine.

I'm not a computer 'nut' but I would suggest unintall the game again - go into your directory and delete everything, folders, saved games ect.. Then do a reinstall and download the patch again. IE start fromr scratch.

• 3 weeks later...