Mod Difficulties

I am having some difficulties with the Elite Edition mod by HolzemFrumFloppen that I obtained from Otto's Strategic Command HQ site. I have followed the instructions regarding changing the various BMP Files. My problem is the game will not launch. All I get is a "Unspecified errors, could not launch Strategic Command. Program Terminated." message.

I followed the advice of some of the previous posts on this subject. I have applied the mod first then the 1.07 patch. I have tried applying the patch first and then the mod. No matter what the game will not load.

My computer skills are not very great but I have narrowed the trouble down to the main_menu_buttons file. If I use every BMP file except this one the game will run perfectly fine.

Granted this is a minor annoyance but has anyone else gotten stuck on this point? Any ideas why this occurs or if there is any fix?