CTD `s

Hi,

Since Sunday when the game was frozen during a TCIP session i have permanent CTD´s.

I noticed that the sound is not working when i immediately restart SC only after rebooting it is working again. Before i cant switch on the sound.

This problem occured mainly in TCIP and PBEM games. The odd thing is that the CTD´s happen almost at the end of my turn.

Meanwhile i reinstalled the game but the same happened again.

It seems to me either a problem with the soundcard,graficcard or a storage problem.

The odd thing is that i never had problems so far and i did not change anything on my computer too.

I run on windows 98 system, german verion of SC with patch 1.07g.

Any ideas?

Tks in advance Dragonheart

Hi Dragonheart,

The sound issue is common for win9x/ME as the system does need a reboot when the game crashes, although not a problem on 2000/XP for some reason.

Not sure about your crashes if this is a new issue, you can try sending me your last saved turn before a crash with a description on how to repeat it but at this point it could be anything including something amiss with your system itself.

Hubert