V1.07 memory leak?

I just updated SC to v1.07. Now my computer warns me that I am running out of virtual memory after about 5 turns. It is showing symptoms of a memory leak. Does anyone else have this issue? I am running Win XP with 512 MB and have a 1.5 GB virtual memory size.

Thanks

Ok I'm wondering if the patch was somehow corrupted via download, not likely but anything seems to be possible these days.

Just to confirm the details the problem both of you have encountered is from the latest official v1.07 patch and not the previous betas correct?

If so and if you can download and retry the latest patch from the Battlefront download area that would be great. I'm assuming you were both playing the AI, but if this can be confirmed as well as which side and what scenario that would be great so I can try and repeat the problem on my end.

Full system specs will probably help as well, thanks!

Hubert

Thanks for the system specs, I've tried to reproduce the problem on my XP system (very similar to your own) and I am unfortunately not able to do. Could you try to re-download the patch and see if that helps in case the patch was corrupted during your original download.

Thanks,

Hubert

[ July 18, 2003, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]

• 2 weeks later...

Can you try downloading your latest video card drivers and/or the latest WindowsXP drivers to see if that helps?

Also I am wondering if it has anything to do with DirectX and your system, could you try running the game without it to see if that helps, i.e. change the line 'directx = 1' to 'directx = 0' in your 'SC.ini' file. This file is located in your SC installation directory, thanks!

Hubert

[ August 03, 2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]

Played AI for first time since getting the game last night and after about 2 or 3 hours game started chugging badly. Looked like a leak to me but I didn't do any checking @ 5:00am ;)

Can't believe AI kept me up that late LOL great job I did notice some changes in AI strat.

System specs Compaq Armada Laptop. PII win98se 4.10.222A, 64mb ram, 4mb s3 virge, ES1879 audiodrive. Loaded mem resident. Explorer,Systray.

SC.ini :

directx = 1

sound interrupt = 1

high refresh = 1

I have had many issues in the past where the screens do not repaint when backing out to main menu but I have attributed that to Directx and a 4 mb vid card. Lol teaches you where to click by memory. smile.gif

Ok this does seem to be a problem across a few systems so in order for me to track it down I'd like to ask a few questions that would help in that respect:

1) Have you tried downloading your latest video card drivers and/or the latest WindowsXP drivers to see if that helps?

2) Also I am wondering if it has anything to do with DirectX and your system, could you try running the game without it to see if that helps, i.e. change the line 'directx = 1' to 'directx = 0' in your 'SC.ini' file. This file is located in your SC installation directory.

3) Is this only on XP, i.e. has anyone who has posted here running into this problem on something other than XP?

4) Is this only with the latest Battlefront v1.07 patch, i.e. just to be sure for me that this is not also happening with the German v1.07 in case anyone who is posting here is running that one.

Thanks!

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all,

To answer the question about operating systems, I'm running SCET on Windows 98 SE and after a while the game turns sluggish, i.e. it doesn't respond as quickly to mouse input. I have 512 MB RAM, GeForce 3 Ti200, DirectX 9.0, video driver v40.72.

I'll try changing the directx line now.