Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

game "lost connection" if I am away (inactive SC window) for 15-20 minutes.

Originally posted by zappsweden:

If the other player ends his turn and I am away for some minutes (leaving the window inactive) we get lost connection.

Why?

Is there a way to set the time limit for when it loses connection?

Sounds like it might be that your ISP is booting you from the connection after prolonged periods of inactivity. Not all ISP's do this but some are known to.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Yeah I understand and I am not about to say that I am an expert on ISP's etc., but it could be possible that they recognize the secure socket the game is using and give it a boot during prolonged inactivity, might just be for their own security issues etc., can't say with full certainty.

I originally ran tests over my LAN and never had a connection get terminated with prolonged inactivity periods (i.e. +6 hours), basically me running the game and leaving for half a day sort of thing. I recreated the situation you described above today just to make sure, for about 4 hours and when I came back and maximized the window it replayed the opponent's turn including an end turn sequence without a hitch. My guess relating to ISP's is simply due to this being the only variable as LAN and Internet type connections are virtually identical.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

[ January 24, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]