Prayer Patch

Hubert: Thanks for your attempt to help. I downloaded your new patch to my desktop. Then I unzipped the patch to C:\program files\strategic command. It unzipped without complaint. However, it did not automatically do anything. I went into the extracted files and clicked the Sac.EXE button. I got a message box indicating that the files are corrupted. I went back to your message and downloaded the patch again and again tried the same thing as above with the same result. Patch 1.02 you sent worked perfectly as you describe but not this one. It the presence of a mod that was not there before preventing the patch from downloading? I even went back and deleted the SC file and reloaded it from scratch. Vs. 1.02 worked fine but 1.03 will not execute and change the installation files as it is supposed to do. I am at a loss. :confused: L3 :confused:

OK, all the unzipping will do is extract the files into the directoy specified, there is nothing that automatically happens after that as files should just be overwritten etc. What you will have to do is make sure that the files are explicitly told to unzip in the exact same directory as the original installtion of SC, but the original SC installtion needs to be there otherwise it will not work and most likely the cause of the corrupt file message.

So just to be on the safe side, make sure SC (from the CD) has been installed, then unzip the patch into the exact same folder as the installation folder of SC, if this happens correctly you should receive a message warning you that you are about to overwrite existing files, click on 'Yes to All' and proceed. At this point try launching SC and if all went well, it should say the version number (1.03) at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Hubert