that startup music and graphics

i work in 800X680. if i don't reset the graphics to 1024 before i start the game i get my start bar across the middle of the screen. also, when i do start the game and click on play campaign, nothing happens until the music stops. can i disable the startup music?

If you haven't updated to the patch v1.02 this may solve the taskbar problem for you as it now uses DirectX and seems to have resolved most desktop issues entirely. Note you will need DirectX 7.0 or higher. You can download the patch here

http://www.battlefront.com/products/stratcom/download.html

To solve the sound issue, open the file called 'SC.ini' that is found in your installation directory and change 'sound interrupt = 0' to 'sound interrupt = 1'

Hubert

thanks so much for the reply. that music was interfering through the entire startup process. i'm thinking that the task bar problem is a peculiarty of my machine as it did the same thing when i ran civ3. i installed the patch as soon as it was released. in fact, now that i think about it, it didn't do this till AFTER i installed the patch. curiouser and curiouser.

I've had the same taskbar problem since installing the 1.02 patch -- not before. And like "nobody" above, I had precisely the same problem after installing the Civ3 patch. The only solution seems to be disabling the taskbar's "always on top" option -- which I usually do after the game has started as I forget to do it before.... Annoying. I don't think it's a DirectX issue -- I had 8.1 installed long before I even ordered SC.