Sealion '41

Thantis

The demo is great - now that the annoying Invasion France bug is gone. I waded through the French Army & took Paris before Fall 1940 (found out how potent airpower can be in sustaining the attack).

Then I found out how difficult Sealion will be in this game. I managed to get a couple of armies across, reinforced by a tank unit a couple of turns later, but when the Royal Navy moved in, it was a massacre in the Channel. I ended up using Italian units as bait to draw the British Navy away from the real landings (my German reinforcements) & took London after pounding it with all of my available airpower.

Then I find out that Churchill backs up to Manchester & refuses to surrender. With a few armies and corps between me and him, and my inability to reinforce most of my existing units on the ground, I was very happy for the end of the demo in May 1941. I could have probably knocked out England, but definitely not before late Summer 1941 & Barbarrosa would have to be put off until 1942.

I can't wait to get my hands on the full version of this game. I am reading "Third Reich Victorious" & "The Moscow Option" in advance of the game coming out to come up with some more ideas for possible strategies.

Quick Question - will Demo Saved Games be available to be used on the full version of the game?

Hmmm... perhaps I'll bump up the difficulty, as I had no problem getting an HQ and 6 units across the channel. All that with no Germany Navy at all, though I had enough air-boys to frighten the Brits away... apparently...

I REALLY like this game!