Ryder cup, Kuniworth(axis) vs Wachtmeister(allies) New AAR

Kuniworth

Axis turn 3, 1939

Listen to this; Our valiant forces knocks out french army in Bruxelles and captures city against all miserable unluck. What happens? LC wont surrender at all!!!!! Now we are in gigantic trouble.

Only positive thing in this ANNOYING USELESS GAME CALLED SC is that Italy will join earlier thanks to Malta air beeing moved.

IM SO ANGRY

Anyway on the eastern front 2 new polish corps destroyed, among them Warsaw-garrison. Warsaw is now empty and surrounded, hopefully Poland will surrender within reasonable time.

I will fight, but this game have started horrible for axis.

To be continued - Kuni had to leave the game to deal with an emergency.

Game saved before and after Axis 3rd turn.

Situation Beginning of Allied 3rd turn:

Poland [Warsaw falls] and Denmark survive. Adios Poland next turn.

More suprisingly, the LC does not surrender after the French garrison is blown out and Brussels taken with the last available German corps. Reason? - my guess is that both Dutch corps survived - the one in Essen at full strength.

Interesting LC situation, I'm glad you guys reached it, wouldn't have thought the Belgian and Dutch corps could fight on after Brussels falls; must be because they're being supplied through a captured German City.

[ August 24, 2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Hey Kuniworth, bad luck can happen in a war. No reason to condemn SC for beeing a bit realistic in this aspect and providing new situations from time to time...

It is not guaranteed that you can take LC in turn 2 as Axis. Even with the best preparation it fails sometimes. No reason to give up, just a little delay for Axis. You have conquered Brussel, so they will surrender soon. Poland and Denmark as well.

3-4 turns later in Paris doesnt matter too much, but perhaps it will create a more interesting and balanced game since the bid seems not to be so high and last game was very successful for Axis. But I think you will win it in the end since you are fighting in the Ryder cup for the european cause and were superior agains Wachtmeister in the last game :D .

Wachtmeister:

If both LC corps survive, it is very likely that LC doesnt surrender in the first turn (~75%). But usually they surrender in the 2nd, even if LC doesnt loose strength. But like with every country: the less units surviving, the more likely is a surrender...

Denmark and Poland fall as expected.

Allies run wild for the moment. Subs killed off. Panzer in the LC reduced to 2. Combined ground air attacked have redueced Axis air fleets to 6, 3, and 1 strength respectively. 1 Axis army eliminated. Hamburg evacuated, Essen and Munchen still Allied.

Axis have over 1100 Mpp and Italy has joined.

jan 1940

I surrender. Axis air down in strength to 4-5 thx to hit by ground units, armies destroyed. Things did go the worst it could be.

Wachtmeister possible cheated when things did go bad. I was stupid and fell for the trick, now when files works "perfectly" bad luck put me in a disastrous bad position. When I countered, LC would´nt fall and instead there troops made me

too bad.

Oh and Italy joins; they were at 82% not near joining.

[ August 25, 2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

Kuniworth:

Your insinuation that I "possibly" somehow "cheated" would not normally be dignified with a reply. Since this is a Ryder match, I ask that you post your evidence forthwith, or, absent any such evidence, try an apology. Your insinuations are deeply resented.

This is a game that I play to win, but only with honor. I play SC for recreation, and your conduct certainly reduced the entertainment value. I don't in any way define my self worth in terms of my SC performance - a good thing based on my won/lost record!

No question that you had very poor die rolls for the turn 2 LC attack in this game, however, leaving all 3 of your frontline cities unguarded, seemed to turn a set-back into a larger disaster. However, I'm not 100% certain that recovery was impossible for Axis, based upon the return damge the Allied units had suffered during Axis Turn 4 prior to your surrender.

Youre being such an asshole. I had to counterattack and take Bruxelles and defend my air. There was no room to defend cities if I did´nt want Poland to surrender in turn 7. If I had´nt surrounded Warsaw it would have kept Poland in game long enough.

Dont give me this crap.

Evdidence you say; YOUR PASSWORD DOES'NT WORK. HOW MUCH MORE OBVIOUS EVIDENCE CAN THERE BE??? HOW CAN I PROVE IT ANYMORE THAN THAT????

I don't know if you cheated but you are logged in my book mister.

Wachtmeister:

I agree with you, this has nothing to do with cheating. Obviously Axis commander went crazy after he didnt get LC in turn 2...

Kuniworth:

Fight like a man and dont surrender when it gets a bit difficult and it is not so easy any more to win. If you would concentrate and fight you still would have a good chance to win - I speak from experience: I already had much worser situations at the beginning... once I took Paris with my last army (everything else except air and some corps was lost !) once it took me until March 1941 and still won the game.

You have nothing important lost until now. Germany has lots of mpp to afford reinforcements. To loose 3 cities was an unnecessary mistake, but should be no problem to reconquer them. I am pretty sure Allies have lost also a lot and are now exposed to counter attacks if they are still in Germany. Axis has a huge advantage at the start if fighting at the ground. Even if you loose half of your units you should still be able to reach Paris without much problems, especially with the plunder from 3 countries now...

Terif Im getting annoyed and angry with your comments; You dont even know what the game was like and you still comment on the situation. Do I comment on your games???

Secondly you compare myself with your ability??? I know my game pretty well and know I cant afford this and get away with things. I could not win a game against a good player like wachtmeister with just 1 army left.

You believe furthermore that you can decide who was cheating or not??? I cant and that you side in this is unbelievable. If a players password wont work it can either be because of an intention not to have it work or an error. i cant of course know about this, so I cant prove. Honestly I dont think Wachtmeister cheated, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT TELL ME WHATS TRUE HERE.

You´re a good sc player but sometimes just loaded with crap, and that comes straight from the heart.

[ August 25, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

Kuniworth:

I just saw your reply to Wachtmeister.

Seems you meant the lost password in your first game with "cheating". OK, this leaves a bad feeling cause it is seldom to loose the own password. But you made the decission to start a new game and not to claim a win. Now you should not complain about the first game after you surrendered this new game...

I still find you surrendered a bit early, but its understandable after your emotional reaction. It seems you surrendered because you were angry and not because you really had lost ...

Kuniworth

I've been down on the game myself lately, the basic mechanics seem riddled with flaws, but I know Wachtmeister pretty well, and he isn't a cheater.

We all know how much the luck varies in this thing from one game to the next. That's why I play such an unimaginative game, I don't trust the chance results and try hitting everything with a sledgehammer to make sure.

Hope you guys patch things up, you shouldn't be at odds.

Kuni it's a frustrating game sometimes, there's proof of that in Zappsweden's posting about going to chill out for a while. Things like that password mess happen sometimes; there are reasonable causes other than a cheating opponent. Aside from which, how would cheating have kept the Low Countries from surrendering after the fall of Brussels? As Wachtmeister and myself were saying, there has to be a quirk involving German cities which allows this to happen.

I honestly hope you won't see these comments as being against you, because they aren't intended that way. I'm on your side, and I'm also on Wachtmeister's side. There shouldn't be a dispute here.

[ August 25, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Kuniworth:

Ok after your last reply I think you first have to cool down a bit before we can talk again...

Only one thing:

I was also a bit angry now, cause in our last games you surrendered very early too and from my point of view without reason, so these games were a bit a waste of time for me...

I saw your surrender to Wachtmeister and it is an official Ryder game which was initiated by yourself where you always said how important it is - and then you surrender with your situation not too bad after a few turns - I had to give a comment about the game situation, also hoping you would reconsider your surrender and continue.

Sorry for that, but I had to do it today... now I go sleeping, perhaps we both calm down tomorrow..

[ August 25, 2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

I don't know about you guys, but I've just about lost interest in the Ryder Cup. Where are we even keeping track of the scores anyway?

Personally, I think both games between Kuni and Wachtmeister should be void .

Comrade Trapp

[ August 25, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Comrade Trapp

"I've just about lost interest in the Ryder Cup."

Yeah, I say if Archibald destroys another one of my armies or sinks anymore of my ships we just can the whole damn thing!"

[ August 25, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Terif;

Yes I´m a bad loser, but I KNOW my ability. My axis play aint that good that I can afford mistakes.

To all;

Secondly Im getting really angry with this game. Hubert whereever you are why cant you patch this mother****er game sometime? Youre floating around like a God that dont care while the people are screaming in misery. I never played such an addictive game before and dont take that as an compliment. Take it as a warning that this game is bad for the mental health of people, me and others.

Many people here dedicate most of their time to play this game and what do they get in return? Flaws and unbelieveable results.

Im back to playing chess soon or Europa universalis 2 with Zapp and some other SC-veterans that just dont care anymore. SC is getting gamey.