Operating units = Incressed combat losses ???

Iron Ranger

Originally posted by Terif

Zapp:

You compare Spain with the Rome gambit, thats like comparing apples and oranges...

Against the Rome gambit no counter was possible, success rate around 100 %, Italy out of the war and 95 % of the Axis players would surrender. Therefore it has been forbidden (BTW: I have won against the Rome gambit as Axis and never lost to it...But its really unfair and boring against nearly every other player)

Doing Rambo Rome Invasion would be unfair and boring against you too. I would never lose if I was prepared and doing the Rome Invasion against you, believe me. SC is pretty much like chess. If the player with clear advantage does the right moves... he wins.

Wanna try it? ;)

[ November 06, 2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by zappsweden:

Originally posted by Terif

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Zapp:

You compare Spain with the Rome gambit, thats like comparing apples and oranges...

Against the Rome gambit no counter was possible, success rate around 100 %, Italy out of the war and 95 % of the Axis players would surrender. Therefore it has been forbidden (BTW: I have won against the Rome gambit as Axis and never lost to it...But its really unfair and boring against nearly every other player)

Doing Rambo Rome Invasion would be unfair and boring against you too. I would never lose if I was prepared and doing the Rome Invasion against you, believe me. SC is pretty much like chess. If the player with clear advantage does the right moves... he wins.

Wanna try it? ;) </font>

Condor. Since I am realising alot of stuff, please realise that YOU should play in the Z-League, YOU should play in the SC New Years Tournament. We need all former players to stop posting and begin playing.

Condor, hmm. Did you just say I DEFENDED the RRI?

I never used it. I voted for forbidding it as soon as the discussion came up.

Regarding the original issue. Whether Hubert did or didn't intend it, I think it's accurate that a major unit would lose effectiveness after being shifted from one front to another. There would be straggling elements that would not fall in place immediately and a little reorganizing would need to be done before a transplanted unit regained it's earlier full effectiveness.

ZAPP

I really thought you liked/defended the Rome Invasion, as far as i remember u didnt want to forbid it. Im shooting with my memory, i havent checked old posts and, definately, im not gonna start digging to find quotes.

About ZL and New Years tourney. i havent played for a long time, im not a constant player anymore. ZL requires dedication, which i dont have anymore: multiple burnt-out phases, no time to play,... Also, tired of sames moves, id like to play something different and for fun: new scenarios, limits units, house rules...

New years tourney. i dont know if im gonna have time to play and i dont want to create 'byes' in the grid, but yes id like to play. I will wait to see if its possible.