just got sc, now about human players

Hanish

Just curious, Liam. Why do you say that PBEM takes the joy out of it ? I agree, things are a lot less spontaneous. But on the other hand, solid play is solid play and there's no way to overturn it once your opponent pulls off a skilled operation. It's still way ahead relative to playing the AI, IMO.

I have to agree with KDG about the time commitment issue. How easy is it to continue saved games from weekend to weekend in TCP/IP ? Another thing, are slow players a concern in TCP/IP ? I suppose slowness could be another bad habit from too much PBEM and AI play where you've got unlimited time for reflection.

If this is a concern with TCP/IP, how about a "chess clock" function for SC2 ? Players could agree on how much time per move and when the flag falls, your turn ends regardless of whether you wanted to move more units.

[ February 16, 2003, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Steve C ]

Originally posted by Hanish:

...I know about the opponent finder forum, but do most people play tcp/ip or pbem?...

Thanks

Hanish

Sometimes we switch back and forth between either play mode. We may start a game with tcp/ip and then be forced to switch over to pbem because of time constraints. Because I will often find myself playing opponents in vastly different time zones, I am ready and agreeable to either play mode.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Hashish --- Most of the play is TCP/IP live action. Against the World's top players! If you don't have alot time, it's PBEM time. Probably for the best, if you like this game it's like a drug habit.

Here are the Top players by country:

Terif /Germany. (and current Ladder Champ). Kind of fitting a German is best (so far) at this game. Nickname: Dr. Carrier. He cuts like a general surgeon with those damn carriers.

Zapp / Sweden. Fanatic for air-power.

Rambo / USA. Chrisma & Legend. Gotta keep my game focused to become champ. Need to play the Allies more to see what I'm made of.

Archibald / Wales or something. Conservative, methodical. Loves to trash ports & build experience for troops.

IrishGuards / Ireland. Needs to play more games, but has game.

Hueristic. Don't know where he's from. Jumped on the scene as Rookie of the month, hasn't been around too much, but has game.