Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

YOU WON T BELIEVE THIS, AAR: Rambo vs Zappsweden i.e Clash of Titans.

zappsweden

Fall 1943 ---

- Army Group North continues to press their luck. Mad dash for Moscow falls just short, T-34 survives strength-2. Germans lose 2-LF units in the process, trying to capture the capital before the Russians dig. The Reds have Jets +3!

- Allied ground units in LC & the French mine. Hitler sends a swarm of corps across the countryside & destory the UK corp in the mine. US HQ is in the Elbow w/ 2-armies, UK has tank in Brussells.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says technology does matter? Russians have Jets+3, they have held at the Gates of Moscow. Germans back off to better supply areas to avoid the coming White Winter.

Allied ground forces engaged in the LC general area. Axis throwing mostly corps into the canon fodder of his air force.

*** Game is over ***

Axis & Allies sue for a "Draw". This game has bogged down & taking forever. We've already put 8+ hours into it. Enough is enough says the leaders of the world.

Germany is very satisfied with their "second wind" comeback for a draw. I pulled off some nice counter attacks when I had the Jet advantage. Alls seems to come to the Jets when Zapp & I play. Whoever gets the slight edge in technology, is able to work the field a little better.

Air King Zapp had the Western Allies with "Strategic Air Command" working out of London & supporting the freed LC. U.S. ground forces held the elbow. Zapp was making wise strikes against the stronger Axis ground forces or commando raids on key industrial Nazi cities.

In Russia, the Germans had made a mad dash for Moscow to be stopped, Russian Jets+3 came at the right time. That front had turned rather boring again after the massive shootout.

Axis had a slight MMP advantage, Allies had the carriers peppering a unit per turn. We decided to call this one a draw, sorry sport's fans, neither of us wanted to concede, neither of us wanted to play this game for another 8 hours. It's a work day tomorrow, time to be a Legend there too smile.gif

Final German tech:

AT+3

HT+1

AA+5

LR+1

JT+2

IT+4

Italy:

AT+2

IT+2

Rambo from Washington >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Wow, it's nearly 8:00 p.m. here, must be 4:00 a.m. Sweden. What a joke. Anybody know a fun 3-hour hex computer game for dial-up?

Time to watch the end of the St. Louis Cardinal vs. San Fran Giants game, Bonds is at the plate. He just hit one into the Bay, but foul as I was typing!

After this, it's an ice cream run, & one of my cool neighbors is coming over for a game of 2005 NCAA Footbal on Sony Playstation. That game is quite awesome.

Bonds grounded out. Cards lead 4-2, top of the 9th coming up.

Legend from Washington >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Classic heavy weight struggle and nice AAR gents. The match seemed to go back and forth several times as to who had the upper hand. But the fans leave dissappointed in the draw. Save the game and come back to it in a month or two.

Originally posted by Curry:

Classic heavy weight struggle and nice AAR gents. The match seemed to go back and forth several times as to who had the upper hand. But the fans leave dissappointed in the draw. Save the game and come back to it in a month or two.

Nah, if I play alot of 20-40 hour games again I will be burned out again. I think 10 hours is enough. The end game is just so plotty and micromanaging and since we both had AA L5, interceptions flaws will decide the game. I rather avoid that frustration and accept a draw regardless of if I had a 60-40, 50-50 or 40-60 chance at the point of ending it.

I have been playing Lord of The Realms III mostly this summer and those games usually take 1-2 hours and has Multiplayer (8 players) at gamespy. Going back to SC, I want quicker games. Hopefully under 15 hours.