Siberian Army Transfer

Jollyguy

I'm in a 1.06 game where I've contained Barbarossa, the Axis advance never got that deep, and I was able to establish a fairly stable line. Now we've settled down to pretty much a short-term stalemate.

Question: Does the Siberian Army always transfer, it's just a matter of when, or could there be situations where it never transfers?

Originally posted by Tommy Joad:

In my experience, it only happens if the Germans get within a couple of hexes of Moscow.

Thats right, be prepared for strong russian counterattacks when you launch Taifun. Best is to create substantial reserves as the Germans before marching against the soviet capital, so you can throw replacements into potential breaches that the sibirians will eventually rip into your lines. Or at least get strategical air superiority.

I am uncertain that it is only Moscow which triggers the Siberians.

I was playing a game, and was mopping up the Riga-Minsk-Kiev line when they unexpectedly appeared in one game. Russia had few troops left at the time, as I caught most them in a pretty good pincer wrapped around the back side of the Priapet marshes.

Perhaps it is a summation of Russian losses OR proximity to Moscow.

I don't know.

Remember that v1.05 changes tweaked Siberian Transfer triggers to weigh the Stalingrad/Caucuses area a bit more. If you can achieve stalemate prior to the Moscow/Stalingrad trigger threshold being met, then there won't be any transfer. If you're playing solo, the game settings also affect Siberian Transfer, at least the size of the forces if not some additional effect on timing.