Queue Production & Pool of units (limiting units for each country)

I for one really do like the simplicity of SC, while finishing up a PBEM turn my girl friend came in, got curious and after 5 min of showing her how it works, is playing a hotseat game with me. Something this simple to pick up has its merits.

BUT I also really like some of the ideas mentioned in this thread, especially the ones regarding ship building. Perhaps there could be two sets of rules for SC2, one that plays like it does now, simple. The other one would incorperate ideas mentioned in this thread and others and thus be an advanced mode.

I know a lot of the people here do not like Hearts of Iron, but in the areas of research and production (by adding a limited manpower pool that slowly rebuilds over time) it beats SC hands down. If only SC2 could combine the best of both................

[ May 18, 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Panzer39 ]

You got it PZ39, as JJ has put it out there before; what was it? JJ? that ole SPI moniker "Basic game", "Intermediate game", "Advanced game". Awe shucks, just give us a bunch of "optional rules" and a game editor to "die for". Of course the AI would only be competent in the "Basic game"

[ May 18, 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]

Panzer I'd like to see that as well.

SeaMonkey Yeah, we did talk about this a few times. :D You're completely right, the AI wouldn't be able to hack it. That's a good way to look at it, though, a bunch of optional rules and a great campaign editor.

-- Who knows, before either of us hit the Big SIX :eek: some smart fellow might wander along and develop a really great AI for these things. I also believe if I stare at my car long enough it will transform into a Bentley with a chauffer.

Shaka

SC is great and simple, now i would ask for SC2 to be more realistic and to include more things to make the game more dinamic&interesting whilst still being simple, although I must admit i dont take memory constraints in consideration when i think about how to improve SC. In this case, the auto retrofit, its a minor question, Mr. H. will, no doubt, choose the best possible ideas to improve the game without overflowing the memory.

And i agree with you that the Manpower constraint would reflect history much more accuratly, would be a serious handicap to play axis tho.