Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A Small Request

David Brown

I've had fun with the SC demo and eagerly look forward to the full release. I've come to the game and this too late to make substantive suggestions for changes - perhaps for version 2.0, but I do have one small request:

When I ask to turn off the sound effects, could you please, please, also make it turn off the clicking noise the game makes whenever you click a mouse button on a unit. The sound drives me to distraction. Or have a separate option to turn it off. I find the clicking sounds drive me to distraction without providing any extra information.

I hate to have my first post consist of a whine about an otherwise fine game, but if I don't say anything now, I'll miss my chance!

Not to worry, the sound files are all moddable.

I suffer from the delayed button action while sound is playing syndrome, and solved it for the most part by editing some of the music to be much shorter.

Simply find the file for the sound you dislike, and replace it with silence, or perhaps a sound more to your liking.

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

Not to worry, the sound files are all moddable.

Ah, yes, excellent point! Had I not been so distracted (I even used 'distracted' twice in my original post), I would have remembered that. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Interesting point on the distraction effects, could be something to consider for the future, but most likely will not change for the final version.

Hubert

Well, I'll settle for that change in SCII then and live with it in SC. If you do take it out, since I live in Waterloo, I'll drive to TO and buy you a beer. smile.gif