In 2005

Well just saw this link over at Matrix Games. Would have mentioned it there, but as the member in question is well, about as rude a swine as it gets, figured, nah, just ignore him.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/news.asp?ArticleID=159&Page=News

"Hearts of Iron 2 will be in stores on most major markets in the beginning of 2005"

That taken from the link. Wonder if it's a typo though.

Wonder if they meant, "Hearts of Iron 2 will be in stores on most major markets in the beginning of 2005 (whether it's ready to be played or not)"

What bothered me the most on the advertisement, was this remark though.

"Award-winning Swedish games developer Paradox Entertainment today announced a sequel to the most appreciated World War 2 strategy game ever made."

Most appreciated? Do they have the right game and company?

Sounds like they are talking about Strategic Command and just don't realise it smile.gif

Hey, has anyone ever given an award to Hubert?

And if not, are these "awards" basically as reliable as an Oscar (you know, its all in who you know, and not about whether the product is really worth squat).

Oh well, because I am a nice guy smile.gif , and because maybe at least one of you guys will give a flying fiddle dee dee about anything to do with this title, I am mentioning it.

I will even spare a smidgen of effort, and cross my fingers fer ya, that they at least don't make you wait a year or more, before Hearts of Iron 2 can stand on it's own as worth the time to even install.

"There are not many teams that can deliver a game of the scope that Hearts of Iron presents"

Don't we know it eh guys, there are only so many Hubert Caters out there.

Well they got more than 300,000 postings in the general HoI forum so that's make the fan base kinda big. And not to mention all the modifications groups.

However if they insist on realtime gameplay this will be tragic. But of course I will buy it, I've played the first HoI a lot and it got some nice features. But it is all to much mivro-management and unrealistic time-pressure in the game.

And look at this quote;

“We know we can, and this time we have raised the bar. Hearts of Iron 2 aims at being no less than the ultimate World War 2 strategy game experience.”

Was'nt that what they said about the first one?

[ May 04, 2004, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1:

SC2 is easy. I won't be going into that purchase wondering if it's any good.

Gary's name is likely all I need on the box for WaW.

Sc 2 you know will be good because of the editor.

Concerning Waw...well Les you know Im a big fan of Grigsby's war in Russia. But honestly WaW looks terrible.

[ May 04, 2004, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

I have not been following WaW to closely. They have a forum of course at Matrix Games and all, but that only goes so far.

I am only wanting it to be a super Axis and Allies really. As long as the AI is at least not a moron, I will be ok.

I have been also thinking of buying Neppa Games board game ETO to get my global fix in. It looks about the same as WaW.

Currently, I would have to vote "Grand Strategy", as being computer wargaming's hardest target to do properly.