Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AAR SC Z-League CHAMPIONSHIP : Zappsweden (Axis) vs Rambo (Allies).

zappsweden

I've been quiet in the AAR, didn't want to give away my strategy.

French have been responsible for their own frontline border...meanwhile the UK placed the Bomber, 2-fighters, HQ in Southern France & have been pounded away on Spain. I went in weak on the ground because I didn't sell the bomber. A lone Canadian corp has been leading the charge. Carriers pop rounds off the Northwest Coast of Spain, & the other Carrier looks for targets in the South. ShoreBombardment is taken for a few turns, but Zapp has retreated Spainish ground forces around the Capital.

Earlier in the game...

1) Operand undamaged Polish Air to Paris for some freebie intercepts (except the operand cost).

2) Use French Air for intercepts

3) Used UK Air ONLY for turn#1, tried one hand at defending LC, it failed, so I got this London based unit going to Southern France.

4) Trying to avoid UK losses, let the French die for their country.

Game should be interesting...Zapp is working towards Paris when we quit (May 1940), & the Brits are working to Madrid.

Rambo >>>>>>>>>> To Be Continued

July 1940:

Germany has take France. A turn after, UK has take Spain. I went in a little weak on the ground, because I didn't sell the bomber to buy an Army early. But that UK-bomber is useful for spotting & ship shooting later.

UK also holds Brest & Beurdoux. Germans quickly ding the Canadian Army in Beurdoux (Western French Port) after the conquest of Franch. The Canadian Army barely escapes with his life, strength-1 & he sails away.

September 1940:

UK holds Portugal for the last turn, Canadian Corp gets the honor of being the victim. Gibralter is abandoned. I'll still hold the Rock's port for another turn with a UK corp in the South & the Spainish Morroco city.

Vichey Franch Alegeria is still alive. The Vichey French corp from Syria sailed over to assist the newly formed capital's defense...Along with a Free French fighting side by side! What a combo.

Free French Air in Malta takes a pop shot every now & then against units in it's radius.

Oh, if I didn't mention, UK did take Portugal about 3-turns ago.

October 1940:

Churchill says, get the hell (heaven) out of Gibralter & Spainish Morroco, too much Luftwaffen flying around.

Algeria still holds, but not for long. The Luftwaffen are due to be sited there.

Italian landing craft are seen heading towards Egypt. UK-bomber East of Alexandria takes a pop shot at a sailing corp.

June 1941:

1) UK takes Ireland.

2) Commandos sieze the port of Brest.

3) Commandos sneak a German City on the Rhine, too bad we can't burn the damn city.

4) Monty & friends are having a tough time in Iraq against Manstein.

5) Yugoslavia joins the effort, but not for long, Zapp is going to crush it.