zappsweden

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

March 22, 1942:

Russian offensive near Kiev, 1 german tank destroyed. Axis take revenge and kill 3 tanks + 1 corps in return - an army survives at str 2, Riga conquered.

Russia built 9 tanks, 3 armies and 7 corps near the front so far. Russia already researched anti-tank lv 1.

In the West german air goes into the offensive and kills a US AF that attacked the last 2 turns and were therefore weakended with direct strikes - one german AF missing in action.

Portugal surrenders

April 19, 1942:

Since a HQ was in the encircled area, the german units were still in supply and HQ supported. One german army lost during the russian attack.

As retaliation 2 russian tanks and an army destroyed. Another army survived at 2, a corps at str 1. Russian mine near Sevastopol occupied by a cut of corps and buried down.

In the west:

German air attacks a UK AF in southern England, but during interception they already take 8 points damage vs a lv 3 US AF, so it gets killed in the final battle - nevertheless since Germany has reached Anti-air lv 2 it was surely expensive for the enemy air too. German airfleet replaced by a new one...

May 17, 1942:

German corps killed near Kiev. Germans retaliate and kill again 2 tanks, 1 army and a corps. Second russian mine buried down...

Russia shows anti-tank lv 2.

West:

US transport outside Hamburg, coasts are protected. Heavy airbattles around London, German air in the offensive, this time no AF lost - 1 UK air is not intercepting any more...probably UK finally is running out of mpps smile.gif .

Germany researches Jets lv 2 at the end of turn.

June 14, 1942:

The brave bulgarian corps that buried down the russian mines moves deeper into russian territory and attacks Konev HQ smile.gif .

Russians continue to attack aggressively and kill a german army. As retaliation 2 russian armies destroyed. No tanks to kill any more - no survivors :D . Only 2 last russian tanks spotted in and around Minsk. Russian cruiser killed instead.

West:

German air repositions into attack positions for England. The battle of Britain has begun - report shows lots of italian transports swarming the sea smile.gif . German navy sails west to help protecting the axis invasion force.

June 28, 1942:

First turn without losses for Germany in Russia - an army survives at str 1.

1 russian army, 1 corps destroyed, several others heavily damaged - Russia is now running out of armies too.

North: German tanks reach Leningrad.

West:

Many US transports at the french and LC coast. An army transport survives 2 airstrikes. Fresh air built, now 5 german AFs in the battle of France/Britain. UK built a third AF. USA built also an AF - research chits must have been sold now.

At the moment: Axis is 2:1 superior in units and earns 875mpp/turn vs ~750 allied mpps.

July 12, 1942:

Finland joins Axis.

One italian army lost - a italian task force (3 armies, 2 corps, 1 HQ) is fighting side by side with their german brothers smile.gif .

As retaliation 2 russian armies destroyed - only 1 russian army in Kiev left...

West:

US transports move to southern France and Spain. Without aircover an army transport gets sunk by german air. Italian transports approaching USA...

Comments:

The keys in the game is

1) Paris

2) Minors and Gibraltar

3) Tech

Number three worked fine, I got the techs when I wanted them. However, 1) and 2) did not go so well.

When Paris fell in July 1940 and Romania+Hungary were Axis in March 1940 (enabling early Spain) I knew I was in for trouble.