JerseyJohn - time to show what you got

Kuniworth

Kuniworth

Honored by the challenge. If we could make it a PBEM it would be great. Unfortunately it's really impossible for me to put together enough free hours to play IP. I've tried it a few times and have never been able to play more than three hours before something comes up and my opponents always get annoyed with stopping the game.

If we play e-mail I promise not to reload moves and you can have choice of axis or allies. My preference for scenario would either be Bill's '39 MOD or a similar scenario of my own where Germany trades it's two Atlantic subs for one full stregnth aircraft carrier in the Baltic (representing the carriers Graf Zeppelin and Peter Strasser, both carrying 40 planes, both launched in 1936 but never completed due to the U-boat program.

If you want to play E-mail take a look at my '39 carrier MOD in the editor. I'm sending it to you by E-mail. It's the revised version so if I sent you one before disregard that one.

You could change name on the cruiser in the Baltic from "Pkt BBs" to Admiral Scheer, or why not give the cruisers Prince Eugen, Blucher or the fabolous Admiral Hipper an own unit?

Well maybe we should try this. One thing that concerns me though is that the russian war percentage is set to 0. That may tip the balance. Otherwise it looks really good.

Kuni

Sounds like I have my files mixed up and sent you the wrong one. I've got to delete some of them and it sounds like this is one of them. The one I'm talking about hasn't got the PktBBs unit and I knocked the German experience down to about a third of what it probably is in the one I sent you.

Hold on, I'll need to go through my scenarios and find the proper one, then I'll send it to you. In the one you're talking about the UK also has 4 unassigned research and is compensated in other ways for the German strength, but I remember decided to tone it down in any case.

Glad you told me about it. smile.gif

[ February 23, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Okay, found and sent and hopefully we'll give it a test run. France gets an HQ and partial tank group, Britain gets corps in its cities, UK & Germany have 3 unnassigned research chits, etc.. I think this is a well balanced scenario, choose your side.

[ February 23, 2003, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Mr H --

The way you badger and destroy my armies at every turn in our pbem games is absolute proof I don't reload -- either that, or I'm both a lousy player and not even a good cheater! smile.gif

What's even more embarrassing is I get slaughtered by you in scenarios of my own design!

[ February 25, 2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

a lousy player and not even a good cheater! smile.gif

LMAO yes i can attest that you do not cheat that is very true i've seen some of your guys get some real bad luck on your turns.

Speaking of our ongoing testing Where is my turn this mornin? I'm sitting here with coffee in hand and no enemy to plot against. I even answered Terifs call to battle. I'm not awake enough for that kind of beating.

Mr. H -- It's on it's way, I was busy trying to find Kuni.

Oh, there he is -- "Hey, Kuni, I'm over here! -- Oh darn, just missed him again." :D

Actually we're refining a scenario to be play tested. Premise, Germany completed it's two aircraft carriers in 1938(shown as one unit)instead of switching gears into U-boats. In the 1939 game, Germany trades it's two North Atlantic U-boats for one full strength aircraft carrier in the Baltic. Additionally, other changes have been incorporated to reflect some of the minor nation economic activity that has been discussed in several of the recent forums.

[ February 25, 2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]