NEW LADDER SYSTEM

DalmatiaPartisan

I ll be short and direct

this ladder system requires improvements.

I think the best way is to make something similar to the chess rating rules.

This means-all the players start with the same rating (1600) and going up or down with the points they earn or lose against other players.

The amount of the points U get or lose is also determined by yours and opponents rating(in points).Plz enter your suggestions and comments.

If I understood well-ladder system we have now gives U no chance to go up if playing against players lower on ladder. This takes away competition spirit. at least to me. Playing against player with a good rating could give U aprox +100 points(depending on your score), while playing worse rated players and win could give U only few points.

Anyway-I m satisfied with ladder system we have and enjoying it, but if we can do better and more interesting...why not...

[ February 14, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: DalmatiaPartisan ]

Originally posted by DalmatiaPartisan:

I ll be short and direct

this ladder system requires improvements.

That has never been in refute since it's inception. the issue is the time involved in setting one up and running it. No-one seems to be willing to make that commitment. Zap spends a considerable amount of time maintaining that thread and I for one wouldn't do it.

If someone were to setup a "site ladder" then i'm sure we would all use it and ZAP would appreciate the break.

IF your willing to do it then i recommend Useing the link HUBERT posted in the Ladder Thread. Also anyone that goes to these length's should send an email off to hubert to safegaurd the admin signone for the ladder in case after setup they lose interest in the game. Then the reins could be passed to the next "Exuberant" one. ;)

Whoa! I love STATS! with a nod and a salute to Zappsweden and his ladder, a summary of the games thru 1:30am (board time)15 February 2003:

The listing is based on Head-to-Head competition with players that have played multiple games having their most recent count. It is sorted by #wins, then percentage.

1. TERIF (14-0)

Defeated: Zappsweden,Hueristic,Iron Ranger,Graves Registration, Cruzzer, Carl von Mannerheim, Wachtmeister, Archibald, Code Name Condor, Liam, Waltero, Rambo, Dalmatia Partisan, Irish Guards

Lost to: Nobody

2. RAMBO (8-2)

Defeated: Archibald, Code Name Condor, Wachmeister, Kenfederoff, Sea Wolf_48, Comrade Trapp, Waltero, Sand Castle

Lost to: Terif, Irish Guards

3. CODE NAME CONDOR (6-4)

Defeated: Sea Wolf_48, Sand Castle, Twiddle, Wlweir, Shaka of Carthage, Wachtmeister

Lost to: Terif, Zappsweden, Rambo, Waltero

4. WALTERO (6-8)

Defeated: Code Name Condor, Shaka of Carthage, Dragoner, Sand Castle, General Raus, Kuniworth

Lost to: Terif, Fubarno, Zappsweden, Rambo, Iron Ranger, Cruzzer, Dalmatia Partisan, Twiddle

5. ZAPPSWEDEN (5-1)

Defeated: Code Name Condor, Wachtmeister, Sea Wolf_48, Waltero, Archibald

Lost to: Terif

T6. DALMATIA PARTISAN (3-2)

Defeated: Cruzzer, Waltero, Kenfederoff

Lost to: Terif, General Raus

T6. IRON RANGER (3-2)

Defeated: Wachtmeister, Sand Castle, Waltero

Lost to: Terif, Archibald

8. IRISH GUARDS (2-1)

Defeated: Kenfederoff, Rambo

Lost to: Terif

9. CRUZZER (2-2)

Defeated: Twiddle, Waltero

Lost to: Terif, Dalmatia Partisan

T10. ARCHIBALD (2-3)

Defeated: Liam, Iron Ranger

Lost to: Terif, Zappsweden, Rambo

T10. KENFEDEROFF (2-3)

Defeated: Twiddle, Liam

Lost to: Sand Castle, Irish Guards, Dalmatia Partisan

T10. SHAKA OF CARTHAGE (2-3)

Defeated: Cro_Panzer, Liam

Lost to: Code Name Condor, Sand Castle, Waltero

13. SAND CASTLE (2-4)

Defeated: Kenfederoff, Shaka of Carthage

Lost to: Rambo, Iron Ranger, Code Name Condor, Waltero

14. WACHTMEISTER (2-5)

Defeated: Dragoner, Cruzzer

Lost to: Terif, Zappsweden, Rambo, iron Ranger, Code Name Condor

If you notice any mistakes, please point them out and I will fix. I thought it would be interesting to see.

[ February 15, 2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

This topic would for sure take someone s time-but anyway I d love to make it that way.As first we must make clear rules how to make points. As second someone must be idealistic and take some time to do that job...

I also suggest info about players should basicly involve players nationality(state s banner!-as in tournamenthouse site).

Anyway-this was only suggestion-maybe people from battlefront should do something about this...also-I m a little bit sorry that other players show a little interest about this

well Shaka I guess U got me wrong-I really enjoy playing ladder games-anyway-my suggestion was only in domain of suggestion - I d just like ladder to look better-Zap did great work of course - I didnt mean to say anything against his work.

All I wanna is improvemet_Id love to have more time to make it my way - best way is that battlefront should do something about it-if possible

I went to www.myleague.com and checked it out. They have chess-like ratings, winning streak and other cool stuff. The disadvantage is their ranking system because it benefits frequent players. This game is slow taking 1-20 hours to complete so if u do not have 20 hours a week you are going down the ladder.

Anyway, if someone starts a ladder at www.myleague.com I would happily let that person do the work instead. I would then cancel my ladder in favour of a more advanced one.

It is unlikey that i will do any improvements to my ladder. I update it roughly 2-3 times a week and spend maybe 30-60 minutes a week on it i.e a reasonable amount of time.

[ February 16, 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

DalmatiaPartisan

After re-reading my post, it does look like I was bitching. It was a generic bitch, not directed at you. I was irritated about real life stuff, so when I read these postings, I felt like bitching.

So I apologize to you.

I guess its true, wise men talk with thier ears (eyes) and fools talk with thier mouths (fingers).

to Shaka and Zap

thank U for your kind notes.

I just downloaded chess rating rules via net- I ll try to make some job about it.

Problem is- I m working all day and on weekends not at home-anyway I ll give my best to calculate points as i n chess and make paralel ladder to zapp - anyway maybe the combination of these two systems will work somehow...