How is SC?

PeckingFury

HOI wouldn't bite so much if you had dedicated players to go through to the bitter end. Then you'd have to love the amount of detail that's given there. IMHO, it's a fair more accurate design than SC could ever dream of..Fact is: Strategic Command is exactly what the name says. You get more of a Diplomacy A&A feel for the game map. It's something you could finish in one night if you dedicated the time. hundreds of not thousands of tanks or planes are represented in 1 or 2 units<armies cut up into Corps and Armies no real geniune WW2 detail but close enough>that's all easy point and click mouse interface. I mastered the game as far as AI is concerned in a few days and wanted a real opponent. Personally if you like Strategic Wargames, it's highly playable. It's got lots of possibilities. Not an accurate sim, it's however very entertaining... The Russian was isn't to protracted nor is the War from France to Berlin just detailed enough to give you some of that old fashioned feel...

Thanks for posting to the reply Liam, been playing against the AI for too long in HoI, just seems sad how easy it is. Multiplayer games go on to long my opponents ask to quit then never come back, but cant blame them takes a really long time to come close to completing a game session.

Hey,

good to hear from you. Yeah, I was dissappointed with the AI in HOI. I became Super Bulgaria by 1940 and joined the Axis and basically was defeating Canadians in Crete. They have some patching to do. All my MP games someone plays a few different nights and "bump!"

Don't take my word for this game goto DOWNLOADS in the menu and get the SC demo. Takes you all the way to Fall of France I think. Gives you an excellent taste and it's a quickie to DL

Excuse my ignorance but what is HoI?

SC is a really fun game, I've played vs the AI and human's every now and then and it's alway's a blast. The community is great and the new ideas,campains,etc. make it worth while.

HoI is Hearts of Iron, a grand strategic wargame covering the period 1936-47. Where as the SC map is mostly Europe HoI covers the entire world and all nations are individually playable.

However, there are disadvantages to the global approach taken by HoI as the game is massive, sprawling and is still at least a patch away from being finished.

SC and HoI are both very worthwhile and rewarding and deliver distinctive and different gaming experiences. smile.gif

My freind told me HoI runs in real time and is well past impossible to control. He said that when you try and lower the speed it barley does anything and there are far to many options to be able to keep up with. Sounds terrible to me...

you should test the game if possible.

I tried it, but it was absolutly not my kind of game. Looked a bit like MEDIEVAL-TOTAL WAR, but it can't be compared with it. In my opinion SC is MUCH, MUCH, MUCHMUCHMUCH better then HOI.

HOI requires a lot of RAM and a lot of PC...and you can learn to automate it. It took me about a week.

It's a lot like Europa Universalis, not nearly as good though, but much more detailed. It is painstaking. With a few patches and a some added realism if you enjoy extremely detailed WW2 Sims economically, politically and all other ways you'd like it. Try The Paradox bulletin boards EU2 is more playable than SC and is the sister to HOI but HOI falls short of the smoothness and immensity of joy EU2 has...

You can't run so far Ahistorical in EU2 with MP action to steal S.America and Mexico away from Spain. etc... etc... etc... Pretty accurate in keeping insane possibilities off the charts... Although in 1800 vs the AI I was BrandenBurg and owned all of Germany<much of Nothern Europe> and much of N.America and killed N.Boneparte in Hessen on his second campaign ;)