Korut's walk of shame: First Opponent Rannug

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finland conquered, both sides massing air for the battle of Riga.

Olso corp survive at 1, Monty's goes on a drinkin' binge, can be heard cursing as far as Stockholm.

2 american armies arrive on the scene in norway

Uk transport survived at 1 allowing the Pride of the RN (well what's left of it), the 4 star Royal Oak, to sink the wounded Scharnhorst

German and Russian air spar over Riga. A german army killed, 4 medal Rundsted knocked to 4.

Small skirmishes on the southern front, a german corp is killed

The olso corp got gunned down but allies fails to occupy the city. Fighting there expected to continue as german force received 2 corp as renforcements before allies could interdict the area.

Germany declares war on Spain, Italy declares war on Iraq

Italians conquer Iraq. The late comer into the war is starting to look more and more like a superpower.

Allies liberate Norway, Russians lands near Stockholm, connection to Scandinavia severed.

Air battles in the east, Weiss is targeted by Russian air but survives. Germans show Jet 1.

August 1942

Stalin is growing stronger turn by turn, Russia has L-1 AT, Axis on the defence in the east, expensive airbattles around German HQ's that Russia can afford better then Germany. The Axis never even took a single city :(

Sweden and Norway is lost, one brave corps in Stockholm will hold for a turn or two....

Spain now Axis and we DOWed Portugal for some plunder. smile.gif

Gibraltar under attack.....

German retreat on the southern front, shorthening their line. USSR advance stalled waiting for scientists to get parity in air tech. Meanwhile, Russians take advantage on super savings available on figther planes in Stalinmart.

Sweden liberated.

Allied Mpp count:

UK: 204

US: 180

USSR: 504

Seeing that the western allies were too wuss to open a second front, Stalin decided to take matters in his own hand. With help of UK air based in southern sweden, Russians makes a major breakthru near riga. 2 armies, 1 tank and 1 german airfleet are killed. Another german tank is trapped.

Forgot to take their name before killing them. Which is a pity since Rannug likes to rename his unit. smile.gif

Russians punch thru around Konigsberg, take control of harbor and kill 3 (or 2?) armies including the resilient 'Old men army'. smile.gif

Chase of the american corp in North Affrica ended when the remains of the unit finally surrendered

Italians land unit count approach 30 but there force see little action. Yet.

Game over – Early disasters in Polen and LC followed up by Koruts home brewed version of RAI gave me my worst French campaign ever and I played about 100 games as Axis. Not only did Paris fall late (22/6 1941) but I lost ships, army’s, corps and air in the process. I still did a decent Barbarossa and did a belated cookie cutter but needed luck with jet tech but bad luck and some bad moves took away any little chance to turn this around.

I think it might have been an error to sink most of the RN cause it delayed Paris but it’s hard to know, all carriers got sunk.

Korut had some good luck at start and took maximal use of it. He doesn’t have to walk in shame any more.

:D

[ June 16, 2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Rannug ]

hehe

I'd like to thank Rannug for giving it his all. After such a rough start he kept playing when others have been sent into retirement for less than that.

I'd like to dedicate this victory to Cry-O and his legendary lack of sportsmanship. His cowardice allowed me to shine, if only briefly, in the big league. :D