The Grandmaster Event: (Best of 5 games). GAME #3 Terif (Axis) vs Zapp.

zappsweden

And already turn 1 Allies do suicide...USA at -21%, Russia 30% and Italy will join in 2 turns...1st french army destroyed, Elbow occupied. Warsaw conquered but Poland continues fighing.

Let´s see when Zapp surrenders ;) .

Italy join, Allies surrender.

Apparently, there was some trigger that I missed. I tested it and it seemed Italy gets pro-axis if Germany attacks from the hex southeast and northeast of Brussels.

I did not take Brussels on purpose, not even placed near it, except western LC. Apparently, there could be a trigger on the western LC hex too, south of Brussel there is none, I tested.

Congratulations to Terif for having more knowledge in rules than me.

Yepp, correct. Just tested it.

All the hexes around Brussels except for the one south of Brussels are trigger hexes. If Germany attacks from them, Italy will increase 10% per turn.

I concluded western LC from being normal hex since the hex south of Brussels was.

Terif, you can add this to your strategy guides now.

Originally posted by Terif:

Ups, Zapp already surrenders...Allies not able to stop Axis in France and Italy joins - Game over for them.

Next - and probably last since I only need one more win - game vs Zapp smile.gif

I was able to stop Axis, but not affording to buy 3 corps for the Italian front line. You got no plunder the first 3 turns, so you could not afford anymore air fleets or HQ's

Sorry, but this is just basic stuff even new players know when they read my help thread for new players ;) .

A LC gambit brings in Italy nearly immediately as every player who calls themselve a veteran should know ;) . Germany only has to place a unit near Brussel and a second one near Maginot - known nearly since the beginning of SC and you can´t tell me you wouldn´t know...ok perhaps you forgot it (like many things...) tongue.gif

Zapp don´t be ridiculous and come into our next game (as I told you I have only 1.5 hours left today)...that a LC gambit increases Italian readiness is written in many, many threads (including my help thread from 2003...).

There is nothing unclear, but If you make such newbie mistakes nobody can help you and analyzing it to death won´t help too ;) .

Apparently, any hex next to Brussels will do, same rule as if Allies take Brussels then. Ofcourse, Maginot needed.

I thought it was only if Allies TOOK Brussels that the maginot trigger worked :(

[ July 09, 2005, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Someone's not reading the forums. This was precisesly the matter of a discussion (explanatnion by Terif really) between me and Terif in my thread about game mechanics (or was it Spain and Turkey thread?). He clearly explained it there, included the very possibility of not taking Brussels which was one of the questions I asked precisesly because I thought of pulling a move like yours. But alas it seems the allies better be ready to hold LC for quite a while if they attempt the LC gambit. Italy joining early is a great handicap.