Land Lease

El Globo

Hi,

I don't have time and will to read 1600 posts so sorry if these subjects have already been discuted.

Some suggestions for next patchs :

1) A possibility to do some land lease by giving military points to a major ally. This land lease could be subject to attrition losses if the path cross enemy subs, corsair ships, air interdiction range etc..

2) For the editor it would be fine to give better flexibility to allow major countries neutral or opposite from their historical side (france, britain russia).

This could make possible what if like axis urss pact or more logically a patton vs stalin what if...

3) The period could be advanced to allow spain war or other minor conflict. As the game doesn't take into account real technology setting a date in 1937 won't change too much.

4) It is impossible (for me but I doubt you do better) for the axis to invade england before Barbarossa, so I always manage my games the same way which conducts at 100% to a victory (generally more than 300 points often 0 land units losses 0 air losses and a few ship losses) generally before mid 1944 :

as axis I invest fast in technology to reach 5 lvls while in the same time I spend research in longue range and better fighters.

I NEVER use strategic bombers, they are really costly ****s. I have read much about them but for a cheaper price upgraded fighters are no doubt quite much better...You don't make air superiority with bombers also. I don't understand how someone can discuss this fact, and bombing ports or ressources is really a waste of air units.

Subs and cruisers deserve nothing, it is a waste of economical power, the only ships I construct are carriers to crush usa and canada. I keep the initial allocated ships to counter allies until their fleet are done then I disband them.

IA doesn't construct ships so they aren't a real threat across the sea.

The same scheme applies to britain : I mass 4 or 5 air fleet in france with a dedicated hq and crush all I see beginning with air units then hqs then lands units. IA never construct air units in number to counter air threats, and when HQs are killed then none are available.

HQS should be replacable, if a leader dies, another is promoted thats all, otherwise the ww2 won't have last more than a year !

And for the french, free french units should be constructable, they took a part in ww2 (especially in africa, italy, south france) with units like 2e DB and commanders like Leclerc, Degaulle, Juin, they're better than 1914 Gamelin and the loosers like...

Initial setup for the french are underestimated, you seem to forget that they had 3 tank divisions DCR and 3 lights (I Think)and one or two more armies. I have the exact order of battle in the excellent Heimdall edition book. Their tanks were better than germans, but without radios, strategy and air supports they logically died. I think one or two tanks units would be correct. I tried an alternate initial setup with 1 french tank, 1 hq and 1 more army and it is playable for a human axis.

And why french begin without even 1 HQ ??? Ok they were more than incompetent but the initial 4 ratings ones should fit. In fact every major country should have at least 1 hq at start.

Anyway it is a funny fast and not brainstorming game.

Regards,

Originally posted by El Globo:

"I don't have time and will to read 1600 posts so sorry if these subjects have already been discussed."

The nice part is there are only 350 posts. The remaining 1250 are rewordings.

[ December 04, 2002, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

myfairstill3.jpg

"Why -- they're all so very sophisticated -- Dave_M and JerseyJohn and Jestre and Rouge and Archibald and Dr. No . . . but that fellow over there, why is he weeping?"

"Oh, him, that's El Globo, he feels none of the others are taking his forum seriously, poor fellow."

"Isn't he the gentleman who lent us that land, -- remember, that land-lease arrangement?"

"Yes, that's him, the very same indeed!"

[ December 05, 2002, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

lostweekend_1945directed_by.jpg

"This El Globo guy says we're drunk."

"Well do tell."

"An'he says he's gonna start speaking French."

"Ya' mean what he was speaking wasn't?"

"Guess not. He starts speakin' French I wonder if we gotta switch to wine?"

"Sure hope not!"

[ December 05, 2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]