SC NEW YEARS TOURNAMENT CANCELLED DUE TO BUG.

zappsweden

IMPORTANT:

In November and December, players have 2 weeks to complete each game. Since a player need only to win 2 out of 3 games to qualify for the January finals, Walk Over could be posted when a player lacks time.

SIGNUP TO THE TOURNAMENT BY WRITING A CLEAR REPLY HERE ON THIS TOPIC LIKE "Player Bazooka signs up" OR SIMILAR

players signed up (Deadline for signing up is Monday 24 November at 6 A.M i.e just before the first draw):

zappsweden (GMT+1, seeded)

Dragonheart (GMT+1, seeded)

Kuniworth (GMT+1, seeded)

Comrade Trapp (GMT-6, seeded)

Rambo (GMT-7, seeded)

Noxxe (GMT+1)

Nimitz (GMT)

Boninza

Draw for Round One (Round one is from Monday November 24 to Monday December 7 at 6 A.M forum time):

Play-offs (1 week per game) will begin in January.

[ November 16, 2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Hello folks!

Welcome to the 2004 SC NEW YEARS TOURNAMENT!

It will start on November and end in January-Ferbuary somewhere. The intension is to attract all those Z-League players, former Z-League players, panzerliga players and fun players to create an exciting TOURNAMENT. I look forward to the exciting draws, pre-matchup analyzes and the entertaining AAR's. I strongly recommend the communicating tool ICQ (www.icq.com). By using ICQ, u can see others online status and easier make contact through instant messages and chat.

RULES AND INFORMATION:

The problem with SC CUP was that the group play was destroyed by too many ghosts who never played. This TOURNAMENT will be more shootout style but you can afford losing once and still be in the TOURNAMENT. The qualifying rounds (3 round) are 2 weeks per round. The play-offs are 1 week per game.

Starting info:

This TOURNAMENT is starting in November (November 24, 2003) and will stretch all the way to January 2004. The TOURNAMENT will be compact. It will start out slowly with 2 weeks per game. In January when playoffs begin (January 5, 2004), game pace will be ONE week per game.

Winning the SC NEW YEARS TOURNAMENT:

The TOURNAMENT will consist of qualifying and playoffs. Anyone who succeeds in the qualifying will be in the playoffs. play-offs will be shootouts. The winner in the final is... winner of the SC NEW YEARS TOURNAMENT.

Procedure to determine TOURNAMENT winner.

Qualifying:

Qualifying consist of 3 rounds.

You play qualifying until you either win 2 games or lose 2 games. If u win 2 games u qualifyied to the playoffs. If u lose 2 games you are out.

Example:

Round one:

player a vs player b (a won)

player c vs player d (c won)

player e vs player f (f won)

player g vs player h (g won)

ROUND TWO:

Upper half (the winners from round one):

a vs c (c won)

f vs g (g won)

Lower half (the losers from round one):

b vs d (b won)

e vs h (h won)

Since c and g each have 2 wins, they are already qualified for the play-offs so they do NOT participate in round three.

Similarily, since d and e each have 2 losses they are out of the TOURNAMENT.

ROUND THREE:

(all those with 1 loss and 1 win. They rotate one step so that the one who played in round one wont meet again)

That means:

a vs h (a won)

f vs b (f won)

a and f are qualified for the play-offs.

h and b are out of the TOURNAMENT.

PLAY-OFFS:

c and g are seeded since they won 2 games and lost none.

(SEMI-FINALS:)

c vs a (c won)

g vs f (f won)

(FINALS:)

c vs f (f won)

RESULT:

F won the SC NEW YEARS TOURNAMENT.

C came in second place.

Walk Over, Time limit, AAR, availaility:

Every round starts on Monday draws and ends on Monday morning at 6 A.M (forum time) one week later (play-offs) or two weeks later (qualifying).

I STRONGLY recommend AAR. Without AAR, if one player disappears (without resigning the TOURNAMENT) BOTH players lose the game. With an AAR (that includes not only the game but also the time appointments) a dodger/quitter can easily be decided and the "stand and fight" player is ruled winner of the game. If both players wont have time to finish the game before the dealine and none of them made an effort to post appointments, BOTH are ruled as losing the game. Make appointments, make your available times official ASAP after the draws.

Tips:

When draws are done (Mondays) go to the regular SC forum (not opponent forum) and start an AAR of your game. State which days and which times you can play. The opponent hopefully does the same. If the opponent cannot play in the weekends then it is HE who will lose in case of running out of time. If u have an appointed time and your opponent wont show up then POST. Post on forum like "where are you?" If the opponent does not show up. He will be judged the loser if the game wont complete in time. If you do not write any information on the forum, there is no one who can judge who was dodging. That means BOTH get the loss. Hopefully, players will either play their games inside time limit OR post a walk over loss in case they cannot play for time frame of the round.

By the way, if circumstances does that the 2 players must start late on Saturday or even on Sunday before the deadline then u can chooce the 1944 scenario for instance. It is faster and allow finishing in one day if time is short.

If u are really in an emergency on Sunday perhaps you could play a miniature scenario, for instance the "Miniature Fall Weiss 1939 Scenario".

Miniature Fall Weiss 1939:

Uses the original 1939 Fall Weiss scenario and ends when Paris falls. You bid (for Allies!) for how long Paris will hold.

Player A - "I hold Paris until June 7, 1940".

Player B - "I hold Paris until June 14, 1940".

Player A - "Ok, I take Axis"

That means if Axis takes Paris and it says for instance "june 10" BEFORE Axis end turn then Axis won, else Allies won. That means you can finish a game in 2 hours.

Reporting loss (loser does it)

Since u can lose one game and still qualify for the play-off you can report a walk over loss in case you cannot play that round. Loser reports the loss always. If loser does not report immediately after the game, email him. If he does not report, winner can report instead (but loser gets Disqualified if he wont post).

Important:

A player who is unavailable for one weeks and lose on Walk Over must report it. If any player does not report a loss, they are out of the TOURNAMENT.

Playing a game:

All games are TCP/IP.

Default rules for the TOURNAMENT is the 1939 Fall Weiss scenario with 1:10 bid system (i.e I bid 100 means UK start with 100 MPP and Russia starts with 100*10=1000 MPP) and the highest bidder gets Axis.

The 1947 Stalemate conditions apply to all games unless some player give up before it. In case the game end in a Stalemate 1947 draw, u must play a rematch. IMPORTANT: In the rematch, unless both players agree to something else the rematch is played using the 1939 Fall Weiss Miniature Scenario described earlier.

Only if BOTH players agree, they can play different scenario or different bidding system.

Mandatory house rules are the Z-League ones i.e

i) Major Nations (Russia, USA, Italy) cannot be DOW and transport landed on their soil on the same turn.

You are only allowed to make up your own house rules if both players agree on them before the game.

Signing up:

Seeded players:

In the Qualifying:

All players who have been in the top-5 at any time in their career in Z-League are seeded.

In the play-offs:

Those players coming through the qualifications undefeated (2 wins) are seeded.

[ November 13, 2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Letter of Intent, November 05, 2003.

Hello League Office:

Dear Sirs, Camp Rambo officially declares for Championship/Tournament play. I don't have time to read all your little rules, just like I have never read the rules to SC. I just play, headcrack, & post. Put me in any division, any match-up, & any situation. My mission statement is simple, trash my opponent on the field of battle.

*** If you're going to play Rambo, then get ICQ so we don't waste time trying to find each other near the scheduled game time. Why waste a half hour trading delayed messages just for a bid. Get your lazy butt clicking...download the free ICQ software.

I prefer to label my own tournament cause: Rambo's Turkey Shootout, Bitchslap 2004, Headcracker's Holiday. Remember, I'm badass when I'm on vacation, since I'm not distracted by work, you'll be getting the real deal. I swear some of you guys must not have jobs. Terif got deposited in my victory column last Labor Day Holiday. When I'm chilling, have a stocked fridge full of Diet Coke & Brew, you'd better tend to your crap.

Before anybody did it, Rambo did it.

1st to create hysteria,

1st to be censored,

1st to be champ,

Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2nd to None

Captain of Team USA

3-Time World Champion

46349.GIF

[ November 06, 2003, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

The draws are on November 24 i.e the dead line for signing up. Only 6 players so far, what is happening?

It is only in the play-offs (January) that you need to cope with 1 game per week. In November and December, it is 1 game per 2 weeks.

Moon, please set this topic as important. It will be going on from November to January.

[ November 08, 2003, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Since I found a new serious BUG (the AA interception BUG read http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=003125 ) the Tournament is cancelled, postponed or whatever. I do not feel motivated running a tournament knowing about this new "gameplay".

[ November 16, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]