Lower Rated Headquarters

Col. Kurtz

Question from a newbie. Since the lower rated headquarters do not give high readiness to units under their command are they even worth purchasing? Concurrently, since the Italians have nothing but lower rated headquarters, is it a good investment to build land units around them as opposed to say naval units which do not require a commander?

They're necessary for two of their other functions, supply and reinforcement level.

Unfortunately only a few people other than Hubert really understands the supply part. Hopefully one of them will elaborate.

Aside from which, even the reduced readiness is better than none. Italian and French units do fight better near one of their HQs than without one.

Colonel Kurtz and Kossuth -- welcome aboard.

Kossuth Noticed in your profile that you enjoy classical music and I'd like to invite you to also hit Les the Sarge's site, where you'll find kindred spirits.

ColKurtz Can't tell much from your profile but I like the way both of you have jumped right into the fray, it's always good to hear new voices.

Hope you'll both visit Sarge's site and Comrade Trapp's Firebase Bastogne, they've both got SC areas and are good for subjects that would be off-topic at Battle Front.

< Comrade Trapp's Firebase Bastogne >

< Sarge Wargamers >

[ March 14, 2004, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I've had Italian HQs that have reached 4 stars of experience, which means that they are adding 8 points of strength (their original rating of 4, plus their experience) to all of the units under their command.

HQs are essential if fighting in mountainous terrain, in Russia, and if attempting to carry out any large scale amphibious landings.

For Italy and France they probably wouldn't be my first purchase, but especially with the Italians they will be needed later on.

Kurtz,

Firstly, Italy should stick to building cheap corps garrisons for guarding the most vulnerable Axis cities around the map.

Secondly, they can maintain their navy (often not worth to buy more navy except sometimes some extra sub)

I do not give any plunder to Italy. It is better keeping their MPP low, so that Germany get the cash and build better HQ's.

Important:

Sometimes in longer games, air battles get very expensive (L4-L5 jets on both sides) and Italy have to buy some air because USA+USA+Russia afford more air than Germany alone. Ofcourse, they then have to build an HQ aswell.

[ March 14, 2004, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]