slow on the take

Hi guys, I purchased my cmbo a couple of years ago. It is a 1.03 version. I have never had any patches or mods as of yet. I also have not played online yet. I actually had to quit playing for awhile due to the addictive nature of the game. But as you can see I have fell off the wagon and am ready to get going. So my actual question was, what patches do I need? And is there any particular order to apply them? I downloaded the 1.12 I think it was, but have not applied it till I hear for sure. And also, any tips on getting started playin online? Thanks for any help.

You definately need the 1.12 patch. You can't play by e-mail until you do. I don't have any real tips on TCPIP or PBEM play except to look for opponents here. Also, I would highly suggest modding all the graphics. It'll take time but it's so worth it. I find the stock graphics unplayable.

Yes just install Patch 1.12 and you are set as far as the game goes. No other patches or anything available or needed. Now what you do after that with improveing the looks of the game in the way of mods is strictly up to you and your personal taste. It's a lot of work but nobody says you have to do it overnight anyway. Hell I'm still changing mods and I've been playing for over 3 years. As far as Pbem not sure if you want help learning how to set it up or what?

That would be impossible to say Jim_hopper. Not trying to get out of going to the trouble of answering but it really is up to the individual. I mean if you ask that question to 10 different guys you'll probably get 10 different answers. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. I could tell you what I think but you might prefer different mods. There's just so many to pick from it's almost overwhelming but GREAT!!!. Take a look at this site to get an idea what is out there.

http://www.cmoutpost.net/