How much worth to capture Lavansaari is?

It was taken from Finland in the peace negotiations of Winter War and served as a forward fighter and submarine base. I would believe that Soviets had it (and Seiskari) well garrisoned, as without them they would have had no access to the Baltic Sea. Approaching it would have been a great problem. Attacking against a fortified island across the ice is quite desperate, not least because the defenders could create wide cracks to the ice. So, with assault boats it would have been easier. But then the sea was heavily mined and thus dangerous for support vessels, while it was too far from the continent for artillery support. Only air bombings worked, but the defenders probably had plenty of AA guns in addition to fighter cover.

Here's something about the battle of Someri .

Originally posted by Sergei:

It was taken from Finland in the peace negotiations of Winter War and served as a forward fighter and submarine base...

Here's something about the battle of Someri .

Now I heard better answer from you which you are at Finland who are so familier in this area and tactic. I now heard new thing in defence is create deep crack in ice. I was stunned about underwater mine as I should have know but my mind was set into what CMBB have. I guess that underwater mine, light naval units and deep crack ice should be add into wishlist. Should small assult boats have no effect on underwater mine?

Thank you for information about battle of Someri as so good reading material. I did read story about Bengtskär that Soviet sneak landing to try destroy lighthouse but Finns had bittersweet victory. Again, Thank you so much for quick response. Have a good day.