AAR - Tourney Semifinal no. 2 - Dalmatia vs Hellraiser - best out of 3

hellraiser

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hellraiser:

may 42

same old story xcept UK and USA got better jets (2)

Russia got Finland several turns ago and it is infesting swedish shores with corps transports.

So, when does the mandatory tech bitching begin?

Or does Hellraiser invest 5 chits in IT and deserved to be behind??? :D

game saved - DP threatened by G/F or something...

in the east, troops exchange - usually axis kill some heavy unit+corps and lose either corps or heavy unit

Russia at jets 1

in skando, axis fights heavily - i use 2 HQs+6 lvl 1 airfleets+some italians(AT1) + minor troops against US heavy stuff + UK air/2 carriers (both uk and usa at lvl 2 jets)

we played some more turns: axis lost 2 AFs in sweden, russia lost 3 AFs, USA 1 AF

Obviously (like the vast majority of my recent games) I suck heavily at techs: usa/uk/russia at lvl 2 jets, russia/usa at lvl2 AT - italy lvl 1 AT

germany got jets 1 and Lr 2 (researching jets with 5 chits since forever-probably in 1943 I might get some tongue.gif )

despite this, russia lost a truckload of tanks for nothing (they couldn't start a major offensive) - axis veterans still know how to fight

riga,minsk,kiew still red - germany devoted a lot of stuff to protecting skando

I am growing tired of games where i need miracles to get at least reasonable techs ...

game postponed

I m a bit tired of ppl who are loosing games and blaming it all on tech superiority...

Hellboy obviously forgetting that his gameplay obviously wasnt excellent. I mean-everything is possible but if he was so much better player(as he thinks despite our record) I d resign while ago.

Anyway battle for Scandinavia will continue

LOL

I didn't say I was better or worse.

The French campaign went well for me, had good rolls, couldn't complain. Mid game was good, np. You lost a carrier, that's good.

The fact that you managed to land in skando and fight me there is because you have better jets and better AT - despite this it took you ages to advance towards Oslo.

Being inferior in jets (on both fronts) made me fight hard for skando and halt the advance in Russia, since a mpp loss like skando would mean certain death if I continue to have sucky jets from now on.

Do not get cocky my friend - you had a good plan (skando) but your russian game play was a joke, you lost heaps of mpps for nothing (tanks, air). It is the jets that kept you alive this game, not anything else.

Pray that I do not get Jets ...

But, tech is part of the game. So if you win, bravo. It only annoys me to see a good game turns bad because of bad techs - germany has zero AT, L1 jets and LR 2 past mid 42. Rarely you see this **** happening. I did my share of mistakes this game, true, but not by far game breaking mistakes smile.gif Your early loss of 1 carrier offsets all my mistakes tongue.gif

'Despite our record' - exactly what are you talking about?

ah! and forgot to bitch a little more:

march 41

waiting for hungary to join....

Probably so late minors joining is again because of my 'obviously not very good game' or something.

I don't want to be rude or something, but try to get credit for what you really deserve ... april 41 minors and sucky techs are sometimes able to kill axis despite allies sucking heavily at strategy :D

As I was telling you: don't get too cocky ... this game is about brains and luck; as our 'record' shows, you're focusing usually on the second part, going berzerk with west and east and hoping for techs and rolls to win the day. What I cannot argue is that you indeed have a sense of keeping the momentum and pressure when needed. This is a very good asset IMHO and should be complemented by a little more patience. Then you might get your ass into the Hall of Fame :D:D:D

[ July 11, 2005, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: hellraiser ]

August 23

Germany retreats its northern flank to koenigsberg area; 4 AFs operated from sweden - no way we can continue to fight against the superior allied air over there; HQs in Sweden prepare to abandon Stockholm; Italians sailing to replace germans in Sweden; Italian fleet deployed near LC

German air+italian cruiser kill the last uk carrier near norwegian coast;

Germans form a defensive line: Koenigsberg-Warsaw-Carpathians; Odessa still axis; russian effort in the south - tanks, armies, corps and 3 air

Sweden still defended by some italians/minors

Techs - as usual smile.gif

game saved, DP goes to a wedding or something smile.gif

march 21, 1943

Russians attack heavily the german frontline in front of warsaw - lvl2 armies, corps+tanks+some 4 lvl2 AFs used.

Germans kill an US army in Sweden.

Allies operated str 1 and 2 AFs in USA to cover the landing sites.

low jet tech makes it very difficult to keep air operational - they take a lot of damage when fighting despite my highly experienced HQs

In return, uk kills a LF in Denmark.

April 43

Russia managed to kill a corps in Poland but gap was closed by germans.

air moved in poland

several chits (not jets ofc tongue.gif ) sold to reinforce/build troops - things look grim.

Allies revealed lvl 2 LR

May 1943

Russians retreated the left wing and center of their army towards kiew - germany high command issues the order for a counteroffensive: several german armies+tanks supported by 6 AFs attack, kill an army and hit Voroshilov HQ down to 2; 2 red AFs engaged.

Meanwhile, in skandinavia, allies approach Stockholm - german tank inside, flanks covered by italian/minors; russian transports near the swedish coast.

Sorry, nothing to report in the jet tech field :D

German air kills Voroshilov - LR2 spotted his new location.

BUT:

Following a sneaky move - italian corps in boat in 21:13 hex disembark and capture Chatham port, german corps from brussels capture London!!!

Dalmatia was astonished to see that since he had a lvl LR RAF in Manchester and pretended he hadn't spotted the italian corps. I was surprised to so I save and he reloads his auto. This time RAF spots the corps.

I reload my save but DP surrenders ...

Now it is really weird... is it a bug with that 21:13 location? Can anyone tell us ?

Dalmatia says: 'have a great finals' - dunno what to think, we still have a best out of 3 semifinals.

DP, please confirm if you give up or better let's just play the remaining games please.

Hellboy(as ussual) forgetting to report events which are not glorious for his side... :D

Meanwhile Italian fleet is sunk, only sub left to strenght 3, axis loosing 1-2 ground units in scando per turn(3 US armies (2 stars,12 strenght)1 tank and 2 corps doing mess, 5 AF s with 4 star monty, 3 star Montgomery and Patton...)

Odessa is liberated...Russian side is growing very strong...so no chances for axis at all even if they take London. tongue.gif

I decided not to play anymore this semi-final and surrender. I can accept very high possibility that i didnt notice italian corp although it was in AF range, but one weird thing is present also. If I could see corp with AF(LRlvl2) why didnt i see corp in next turn till its dissembarkment near London(I didnt see it in transport either I m 99% sure of it). Since Hellboy doesnt accept this (or I m lying in other words) I decided to surrender my semi-final or let nr.3 from my group play it against Hellboy.

;)

Anyway,

and or

:cool:

Sorry I cannot really get your point.

1. Me forgetting to report whatever - what does it have to do with my question? Is this about 'who could have won the game'? Maybe you, maybe me...it is not my fault you decided to surrender. And even if you surrendered one game, it was still best out of 3. But that was your choice.

2. Regarding the italian corps in 21:13 location - I asked a lot of players about the possibility of a bug - none confirmed it to me. So, the conclusion I reached is that you missed it. It happens even to better players, like me :D:D:D

3. What I do not exactly accept? That you did not see one of my units? We reloaded your auto just to check if you could actually see it. And your Manchester RAF attacked it. This proves what? smile.gif

DP. try to be honest with yourself in the first place, before throwing mud at the others. You got pissed because of that italian corps you missed, your repeated attempts to break my lines in the east failed miserably, your only limited success was capturing norway and pushing me back to Stockholm.

This game was fought very well by you and by me - considering the fact that I could not challenge your air superiority. I sunk all of your carriers in exchange for the Italian fleet (almost all of it) and baltic fleet - long term wise, without carriers and if i catch up in jet tech, you are toast. Germany is in no position to surrender this game at this stage although you may win if I don't get better airplanes.

You asked me during the game at some point - why I don't surrender. Why should I ? I like to play a good game where at least I have a slight chance to win or draw. If your opinion is that you already won, well that maybe yours only. My thoughts are different and I do have the right to play my game to the end.

'so no chances for axis at all even if they take London.' - please gimme a break -> I ain't stupid and I do not have time to lose, so if there was indeed no chance for me to win or draw this game, i would have surrendered it. As it looks now, indeed you are in a better position (because I was forced to play mostly on the defense) but that can change.

So do not get pissed at me because you got nervous and decided to surrender the whole semifinals series. I really had nothing to do with your decision.

So, the final game has already a player - that's me, thank you very much smile.gif

Zapp, what's going on with Condor?