siberian army

Tank Ace

First there is a geographical trigger for the siberian army: if enough axis units approach Moskov (within 4 hexes) or one of the cities east of Moskov (Rostov, Stalingrad, Voronezh...etc), siberians can arrive. The closer the axis units are to the cities, the less units are necessary to trigger the siberians - and units near Moskov count more than near other cities.

But after the geographical precondition is fullfilled, there is a check for the relative strength of both the axis and allied forces in Russia. If Allies are strong compared to Axis (and have a minimum number), then siberians dont arrive, even if Axis units are attacking/taking Moskov...Usually Allies have to be really strong, something around 50+ units (depending on Axis strength..).

So it is possible to loose Moskov (Leningrad doesnt influence siberians anyway) and still not to receive siberians if Russia is too strong.

For more information read e.g.:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=003521#000000

Originally posted by Terif:

First there is a geographical trigger for the siberian army: if enough axis units approach Moskov (within 4 hexes) or one of the cities east of Moskov (Rostov, Stalingrad, Voronezh...etc), siberians can arrive. The closer the axis units are to the cities, the less units are necessary to trigger the siberians - and units near Moskov count more than near other cities.

But after the geographical precondition is fullfilled, there is a check for the relative strength of both the axis and allied forces in Russia. If Allies are strong compared to Axis (and have a minimum number), then siberians dont arrive, even if Axis units are attacking/taking Moskov...Usually Allies have to be really strong, something around 50+ units (depending on Axis strength..).

So it is possible to loose Moskov (Leningrad doesnt influence siberians anyway) and still not to receive siberians if Russia is too strong.

For more information read e.g.:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=003521#000000

Did you forget that size 4 out of supply finish unit I tried to sneak around Moscow that triggered the event in our game? Lol

@ Hueristic:

No, I didnt forget your finish corps :D . It fits perfectly in the explaination...you need a certain amount of units near Moskov OR one of the cities east of them (including Vologda, the city near Finland, but still east of Moskov ;) ). The closer the less units are necessary. When you come close enough, even one unit can be enough to fullfil the geographical trigger smile.gif .

@ Rashak Mani:

Yes, in every game the axis player gets a notification in the report screen at the start of his turn when siberians arrived. So you can see it immediately if you read the report ;) .

Originally posted by Terif:

@ Rashak Mani:

Yes, in every game the axis player gets a notification in the report screen at the start of his turn when siberians arrived. So you can see it immediately if you read the report ;) .

Damn and I always just clicked that stupid thing outta my way so i could do a turn. You mean it has important info? :D

@ Hueristic:

:D

@ Rashak Mani:

The trigger is 4 hexes for every city east of Moskov (and Moskov itself). All units near one of these cities count together (units near Moskov count a lot more than near other cities) and when they exceed the critical mass siberians can arrive.

If you e.g. have ONLY units near Rostov, then you can trigger siberians with:

in 3 hexes = 4+ units

or in 2 hexes = 2+ unis

or in 1 hex distance from Rostov = 1+ units

(in 4 hex distance you cant put enough units to trigger it only with Rostov)

i.e. the closer your units are to the city, the less units you "need" to trigger siberians - but still there is the check for the relative strength after the geographical trigger ;) .