Operatational Art of War?

Madison

Not really a SC issue but its on the far end of detail and nitty gritty, almost unplayable imo. I have a copy of OAW and loaded up Barbarossa, OMG its huge and would take longer than playing a turn of Europa (Fire in the East) with real counters.... I guess my point is that SC is a nice game due to the fact that its playable and you can finnish it in one sitting. I would love to see something inbetween OAW and SC.. Perhaps a SC2???

One thing I think would help SC some would be territorial waters arounnd each nation, like light blue sea zones that can not be entered unless you are at war. This prevents the amphib stacking along a nations coastline then declaring war and getting a supprize armada invasion.

John

Originally posted by Madison:

Not really a SC issue but its on the far end of detail and nitty gritty, almost unplayable imo. I have a copy of OAW and loaded up Barbarossa, OMG its huge and would take longer than playing a turn of Europa (Fire in the East) with real counters.... I guess my point is that SC is a nice game due to the fact that its playable and you can finnish it in one sitting. I would love to see something inbetween OAW and SC.. Perhaps a SC2???

One thing I think would help SC some would be territorial waters arounnd each nation, like light blue sea zones that can not be entered unless you are at war. This prevents the amphib stacking along a nations coastline then declaring war and getting a supprize armada invasion.

John

Nice idea!

[ October 24, 2002, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Brancaleone ]

This once again brings up the oft discussed topics of complexity and game scale...If you were to use the Operational Art of War game scale for SC, it would be quite a mammoth map indeed...check out the France 1940 OAW scenario and you will swear you are playing AH's board game....though I would like to see the map made a bit larger, I'm not certain I would want it on a OAW scale....that may make the game a bit too daunting to complete...while I want to see a bit more complexity and detail in the game, I don't think I want to go that far...give me a few more hex rows in North Africa and Scandinavia, weekly or bi weekly turns with regional weather effects, and I will be satisfied with that for now.. smile.gif