Rambo invented all the moves?

Kuniworth

"Rambo-LC-gambit turn 1", "Rambo Rome invasion", "Rambo allies attack Ireland attack", "Rambo get Spain in 2 turns move", "Rambo lands London corps in calais in one move-move".

Anybody but the legend coming up with some serious stuff or are you just copying the man from Hollywood?

You're a little off in the patent department:

1) Allies take Ireland --- Well-Dressed-Gentleman was the first I saw doing this. Next, was Zapp. They both started it without even knowing each other.

2) Spain 2-turns --- Terif all the way. CodenameClone copied this.

3) Carrier bug used --- Well-Dressed-Gent found it, but never exploited it. This goes to Terif.

4) Transports landing embark/debark same turn --- The famous WALTERO!!! Even a blind squirrel finds the acorn.

5) London corp move --- Everybody uses that for commando raids. I can tell you who did NOT event it: Brian the Wise. I headcracked Brian to the funny farm with "Porty" moves.

6) Bogus German Landing in UK --- TERIF. I can't believe he found this. Needs to get a job in firmware testing.

7) DoubleGambit --- Hueristic put them together.

8) Rambo-Rome-Invasion --- Self explained. CodenameClone tried to get some air time on this, but my move takes Rome, not surround it.

9) Surround Moscow crap--- Terif, Well-Dressed, Jollyguy...to name a few.

There's more out there, but I usually get paid for my work & information.

Bottom Line: There's more to the game than Cookie-Cutter. Quit being a follower & be a leader. There's more than 3-ways to win the game.

Invent,

Legend

[ July 23, 2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Pardon my ignorance, but ...

- How do you take Spain in 2-turns?

- What is the "Bogus German Landing in UK"?

- How does the Rambo-Rome-Invasion work?

- What is the "Surround Moscow crap"?

Enquiring minds would like to know.

Oak

Oak ---

How do you take Spain in 2-turns? 3-tanks & alot of air that can hit the Capital. Terif could probably quote you the exact hexes to place units.

Bogus German landing in UK? If the Germans stay away from the cities in London, the USA readiness won't increase.

Rambo-Rome-Invasion? Allies can take Rome on turn #5 with a 95% chance of success.

Surround Moscow crap? Not going to explain all of them smile.gif

Axis slaughter Bulgaria? That's a joke by PuniWorth.

Thanks for the explaination. It's easy to foget that there are always new people trying to break into this game. (like me smile.gif ) I would love more details on the Rome gambit so I can try it out on Oak in our next game. Thanks

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

You're a little off in the patent department:

1) Allies take Ireland --- Well-Dressed-Gentleman was the first I saw doing this. Next, was Zapp. They both started it without even knowing each other.

2) Spain 2-turns --- Terif all the way. CodenameClone copied this.

3) Carrier bug used --- Well-Dressed-Gent found it, but never exploited it. This goes to Terif.

4) Transports landing embark/debark same turn --- The famous WALTERO!!! Even a blind squirrel finds the acorn.

5) London corp move --- Everybody uses that for commando raids. I can tell you who did NOT event it: Brian the Wise. I headcracked Brian to the funny farm with "Porty" moves.

6) Bogus German Landing in UK --- TERIF. I can't believe he found this. Needs to get a job in firmware testing.

7) DoubleGambit --- Hueristic put them together.

8) Rambo-Rome-Invasion --- Self explained. CodenameClone tried to get some air time on this, but my move takes Rome, not surround it.

9) Surround Moscow crap--- Terif, Well-Dressed, Jollyguy...to name a few.

I don't get it! You spend all this time building a reputation of being self-centered, egotistical, and obnoxious and then you post this

Rambo-Giving Credit Where Credit is Due!

The Legend shows humility.

Sometimes you make it really hard to hate you. ;)

A couple of clarifications.

An EXPLOIT is not a GAMBIT. A gambit is a legal move that does not change the way the game works. An exploit is actually a bug that has not been addressed. Think of it as moveing between the code.

Some Exploits cannot be patched without considerable effort and therefore stay in a game.

The Transport Full Supply Exploit - Waltero

and

The Bogus UK landing - Terif

should be addressed in patches. Exploits are cheesy. Gambits are not. IMO

Offnote: I have never figured if the Supply exploit is worth it in a small city if you give up entrenchment. That would have been a nice exercise for Waltero to follow up on. Obviousley Terif found the Bogus landing while checking readiness levels for various UK invasion scenerio's.

As far as the Rome invasion...The first I heard of it was from OLD MAN. When I started using the Italian Gambit he asked if I could take rome in one. I was only able to reach a 48% success and therefore scrapped the idea. But now that Rambo has got it working I see my problem. I was trying to get it on turn 4. I remember Condor Saying that he had a game breaker in rome 6 months ago. I don't know what his percentages were as he didn't post them. Now on the LOW Gambit. It is my opinion that anyone who has been playing or studying WWII is aware of the debate of whether France should have done just that. It is nothing new it has been used for years in various forms. Double Gambit is nothing more than the use of the Italian Gambit and the Low Gambit concurrently.

What I'd like to see is a 1 or 2 turn Turkey invasion! that would be the ****.