Taking of islands and aftermath

watchdog

Just for grins I decided to take the Allies and immediately declare war on Ireland (16 MPP you know) sending the Canadian Army unit, 1 English Army and 1 Tank unit (I never attack without overwhelming force :D ). Once the capital was secured I realized there were no ports in Ireland therefore I couldnt "transport up" my guys and journey onward. Neither could I operationally move them. Is it true the only way to get these guys off is to disband? The CanArmy cant even do that. This is true for many of the islands on the map. Just something for discussion. tongue.gif

[ June 28, 2002, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: watchdog ]

I doubt Ireland or anywhere else will "get a last minute port" , but then again why have the stupid islands on the map anyway? I thought they were trying for some semblance of realism...

[ June 29, 2002, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: watchdog ]

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

The islands with no port issue is an intersting one. Since it seems that we are very close to having SC ship, it might be something we have to live with.

Hubert had a point about this some time back (seems like years, heh!). Something about not having a port to discourage just this type of thing? (too tired to search)

Aloid

By the way, BB, go to sleep! smile.gif

[ June 29, 2002, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Aloid ]