I'm worried about my enemy

Skorpion

What should I do? I think that my enemy may be suffering from some sort of illness.

Let me explain...

I'm playing as the Allies at Expert with the axis AI having +2 experience. It all started so normally - Poland crushed in three turns and France invaded immediately. However, at this point I wanted to try something different.

I move the *ENTIRE* Royal Navy into the med and proceeded to destroy the Italian fleet and capture both Tunisia and Libya. Meanwhile, France fell and I waited for the Axis to do its usual trick of invading the rest of the world.

BUT IT HASN'T!

I'm not quite sure what it is doing, but it is now August 1941 and all it does per turn is bomb Gillingham and spend MPPs in some way that I can't see.

Have I found the magical tactic to defeat the axis AI +2 or has something just gone wrong?

I had a similiar issue. When russia was neutral. Germay captured Poland, Spain, Vichy, France and then just stopped. In 1944 I turned off fog of war and noticed that they had massed all italian and german troops on the german/russian border 4 lines deep but never did anything but some simple bombing of london.

There was essentially no activity from late 41 to 44 on the German side.

Originally posted by Maytar:

I had a similiar issue. When russia was neutral. Germay captured Poland, Spain, Vichy, France and then just stopped. In 1944 I turned off fog of war and noticed that they had massed all italian and german troops on the german/russian border 4 lines deep but never did anything but some simple bombing of london.

There was essentially no activity from late 41 to 44 on the German side.

Wow! Guess I should be praying that the USSR doesn't declare war on them then. That would be a really quick way of ending the war when he Axis has such an experience advantage.

Skorp

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

OK if in all cases here Russia was set to neutral, then that's a bug I've introduced with v1.02, I'll fix this!

Hubert

Actually Hubert, I'm pretty sure that I had all the countries on Random, not Neutral.

What are the chances? I get home from work load up SC and at the end of the first turn "USSR Prepares For War", quickly followed by "Germany Declares War On The USSR" and a massive aerial bombardment by no less than six German airfleets.

Surprisingly, I was able to delay this massive German advance sufficiently to get the standard Ural defensive unit in place, and with the british moving a substantial army group up from Iraq I've also held the caucasus.

1944: The german campaign has stalled. Six level 5 jets (UK) and 7 level 2 jets (US) are massacring the feeble german level 0 fighters in the caucasus, and my invasions of Norway and Sweden mean that a third front will soon open up in Finland.

Could this be my first victory against the +2 AI?