Well, I finally ordered Strategic Command.

Thank God it's finally on it's way. As for my exam dilemma, my parents have resolved this issue by not allowing me to play the game until my birthday which is the 18th of June. That's not so bad as my exams end on the 28th of June. My second last exam is actually on the 10th, so I'll have ample time to play the game as I won't be buried under work.

The bulk of my exams are next week, and what a dreadful week it will be. All 3 politics modules to sit, one of them is a synoptic. 1 History and one music 'compositional techniques' exam. I've got 5 exams in 4 days. The music one is 3 hours long :(

After next week, my life will take a turn for the better.

Mentions parents hmmmm

Mental note, appears Col. Gen. Guderian might be name picked by aggressive youngster smile.gif

You are so going to like the game though.

But do yourself a favour (so you have a friggin chance of winning eh).

Go read through the strategy guide at...

http://www.ww2n.com/schq/

Or I will only just end up mopping up yet another slaughtered mess newbie that got to close to a few of the guys around here hehe smile.gif

The bulk of my exams are next week, and what a dreadful week it will be. All 3 politics modules to sit, one of them is a synoptic. 1 History and one music 'compositional techniques' exam. I've got 5 exams in 4 days. The music one is 3 hours long :(
I read this comment and thought to myself, hmmm, this guy can't be an American student, there are too many tough requirements in there and no way to blame somebody or something other than yourself. Probably can't sue anybody frivolously neither.

Sure enough, I checked, and it is green old island Ireland that has these tough requirements.

No surprise... Europe still requires some personally accountable studying and learning and comprehension of something other than blick-blook I'm a rude-boy Dude, or rip rap or, slash the tires of the teacher who dares! make you study 10 minutes each day.

Good luck on them exams. Then again, for you it's likely not a matter of luck, but... pluck. We used to have that here too, oh, a long, long time ago. ;)

Desert Dave --- What are you talking about?
j_j_r,

Doggone if I know... one of those late-night throes where anything is likely to come calling unbidden. I just as well might have complained about the sorry state of American baseball, I guess. :rolleyes:

Try a few engineering courses in the States.
Well, I personally haven't but my son slogged through that course-work at University, and yer right, it was no... picnic in the park with Little Lord Fauntelroy. Not to mention the cost of text-books, which I was privileged to help pay for.

Also, I assumed that Col. Gen. Guderian had enough good sense not to CURSE all over our famous SC boards in that other thread, but, in this instance, I guess the "higher Irish academic sensibility" had no... significant influence on him. Wrong again! ;)

I haven't a big interest in getting thrashed online. I want to live out the campaigns before I do that. Is it decent defeating the Low countries on the first turn? Or is that just the norm?

I do know a few things though, much better to completely destroy one army than merely damage several others.

Better to have a few experienced units which you can supply, than tons of fresh units that you can't.

*Awaits laughter*

Originally posted by Desert Dave:

[Also, I assumed that Col. Gen. Guderian had enough good sense not to CURSE all over our famous SC boards in that other thread, but, in this instance, I guess the "higher Irish academic sensibility" had no... significant influence on him. Wrong again! ;)

Everyone's gotten so bitchy about me saying a couple of words. It appears i've stirred up a hornets nest. "HE SAID A BAD WORD! BAN THAT NUMPTY!"

Apparently swearing the odd time makes me really stupid. Oh well, life goes on!

This board is like an alternate dimension from the music boards that I usually attend.

P.S. Cheers for wishing me luck.

:cool:

This board is like an alternate dimension from the music boards that I usually attend.

CGG,

Perhaps on those music boards you can set the metro-gnome to include atonal or discordant cursings. ;)

There are many boards that we all visit from time to time... it is merely to know HOW you might express yourself on each unique one.

Here, the cursing is dis-allowed, which I am in favor of (... I have to be), since, as we well know, war-gamers are, or can be... an exceptionally competitive bunch, at times, and this way you can keep the powder dry and potential and cool, yes?

Welcome to the amazing SC World... you will no doubt have many opportunities to display your be-bop and Joyce-like "numpty dumpty" and also, some throttle-on! mettle. :cool: