What is more effective??(strategy or production)

glezmez

There was a very interesting question raised in another thread and this question needs an answer.

What is better, Strategic planning and finesse or outproducing your enemy. In other words, do better Generals and better tactics and better planning and an overall better army stand a chance aginst an enemy outproducing you and with numerical superiority?( please backup all your POV with facts)

I'd have to say when I get the full version, my theory will be 2-fold : quality and production!

I'll have a moderate number of units, but be investing *not only* in research for better units (heavy tanks, fo'example), but into better industrial technology. The fact is that Germany can play her cards right, and get very, very close to russia's MPP's before russia invades. Superior tech. with almost equivalent MPP's should yield success! Especially with a few divisions of heavy armour 'liberating' much of southern russia and it's production...

(all my theory..and I openly admit I'm not nearly as well-versed as others on the forum!)

Jon

That is the great thing about a great game!

you have to figure it out yourself, you think of a strategy and run with it.

There are so many dif strategy's

There will be a great deal of diffrnce in your stategy while playing the computer or a real person.

I would believe that playing the computer you have no real need for devlpment, you should be able to beat him with might.(at least from what I have seen on the demo)

But playing a human you are going to need lots of units, Just to survive at games end, and to cover all your fronts.

So any devlpment would prob be industrial.

Becouse you will most defenatly be going through alot of units.

A unit maxed out on medals and only a power of six can withstand almost anything.

(he will hold a city, even if totaly surrounded.)

--------------------------------------------------

THIS IS BASED ON A GERMAN PLAYER ONLY

--------------------------------------------------

Of course when the full game comes out we will know more about what a hight Teck unit can do.

(might just blitz through that Elite defened city!)

AS allies you would probly do more devlpment and just play a good defensive game.

Anyhow this is only a thought on how a guy could play it safe and win. (Without getting too sneaky)

Of course any devlpment you do have you will have to be able to buy those units, or keep the ones you do have.

To answer your question, the allies in WWII won

by numbers.(germans out classed them all the way!)

But in this game who knows? You can change the outcome. (If you play as german)

You will have to have some sort of strategy in any case.

Devlpment could mean nothing to you in a game, then in the course of that game you might have to buy some just to counter your enimy's strategy.

Dont really know have not messed with devlpment much.