Russian Front-Need Advice

Lioneyes

I'm playing Terif for the first time and boy I'm a getting a lesson. It's like playing chess with Deep Blue. But I have already put this frighting experience to use in new game against a human and I took Poland and LC in turn 2 and took Denmark in turn 3 and had a total breakthrough in France on turn 4.

Danke Terif!

Lioneyes

nah, we've been accused of flaming newbies too.

But that usually happens when newbies comes on here and immediately starts mouthing off to other forum members.

Or my favorite: A newbie will come on here and claim to be a veteran or experienced player just because he beat down the AI a few times.

But I'm sure you'll be ok. ;)

Rannug

Oh yes, I remember the first time I played Terif.

By time I captured Paris (I was Axis), the little bastard had wiped out 3/4 of my entire army by air and had grounded the Luftwaffe. :D

All thanks to his new strategy (new at the time) of using carriers to intercept airfleets while in port.

Thanks Comrade!

I gotta figure a way to get internet at home. This game is so addictive and I don't think I have even cracked the surface.

Reading about the LC Gambit or the early attack on Rome or the carriers in port. WOW!! You guys have really pushed this game to the limit.

Giving 8000 points WOW. You must all be way better than me.

Also, I am just not that good to give another vetern 200 on a 1:5:20 system.

I remember when Terif got the bid in the low 300's in the first Ryder cup against Rambo and that was considered a HUGE bid in its day (on the 1:8 System I beleive). It seems the bids have only gone up over time. There seems to be a bid inflation or everyone has just gotten so much better at playing the Axis. Interesting that no one has really come up with a good counter for the Allies. Terif had the Spain gambit, but that was really difficult to pull off even for Terif. I tried it several times and could do it against someone new but never against an experienced player.

RANNUG: I understand what you mean by playing Terif and learning. I'm surprised you got to be as good as you are without playing him before this. I learned more from him in my 10 or so ass kickings than from anything else.

[ July 23, 2004, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Curry ]