SC2 User Gameplay Suggestions

Edwin P.

1. Ability to switch sides in games against the AI as was suggested by some one else on this forum at some time in the past.

2. AI will offer to surrender at some point if the game is hopeless.

3. History of Major Events - France Surrenders in Dec 1939. Germany declares war Russia Dec 1940, UK discovers Jets Level 3 in May 1946 - that can be saved to a file.

4. Game Replay Option

[ August 28, 2003, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

5. Small chances of the Germans making peace with the UK and USA after a failed D-day but fighting it out with the Soviets or the Soviets declaring war on the Allies after Berlin falls. This would work well with option 6 and 7.

6. More diplomatic options. A Hearts of Iron like use of diplomacy points.

7. Ability to play as one country of an Alliance.

8. The player should be able to turn air intercepts on and off and choose what units are linked to what HQs. A casual player whouldn't have to bother with it if he choose not to.

9. A slightly more advanced resource model. If an alliance does not have any coal or oil fields their MPP production should suffer.

[ August 28, 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Panzer39 ]

Edwin,

As always. good suggestions. Another idea which I have been thinking about recently is a multi-player option, which would allow different players to take different countries.

Perhaps up to 6 players, with the 5 majors from SC and Japan. Not only would it be a fun option, it would better represent the realities leaders face when making decisions, negotiating non-aggression pacts perhaps with their enemies on the side, or dealing with their allies. They will be balancing their own nations needs with that of the greater alliance.

There could be side specific chat, enabled by login to prevent someone eavesdropping on a 2nd computer.

Continuing games could be a nighmare with up to 6 different people, but if a scheduled time could be set up and someone doesn't show, the ability to have a player play 2 nations isn't that tough to put in.

The option for all 6 players to sign-up for a game or side, and then have the country randomly selected, would be another nice feature.

IMO, the ability to have multi-player games as well as mano y mano matches would greatly increase the value and longevity of Strategic Command II.

[ August 28, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Leopard ]

Leopard

I like your idea for a multiplayer game. Even a TCPIP game with just 3 or 4 players - UK/US , Russia, Germany/Italy (& Japan) would be fun.

Panzer39

A prebuild turn is good, but I would modify it to have 3 prebuild turns with reports on the enemy production between each turn.

Why? Prior to WWII each side knew what the other side was building and could adjsut their production accordingly.

Example: Germany builds 5 subs in Prebuild Turn 1, now the UK has a chance to respond by building cruisers in prebuild turn 2.

[ August 29, 2003, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

I like Edwin's original 4 suggestions very much--they could help AI games a lot.

In addition, SC2 should tweak the unit building/positioning mechanism. It would be very handy to select a unit type (like "corps") and then to place multiple corps by clicking on hexes rather than having to go through the whole dialog each time. I could envision the shaded hexes remaining as long as the player was positioning additional units. When the player clicked on a non-shaded hex, he would exit "place unit mode"

This would streamline things a lot, esp. for the Red Army.