Fall Blau Tourney - Round Two

kurt88

Round Two is about to start!

For Group A it's Iron Ranger and Friendly Fire.

For Group B it's Dragonheart and Kuniworth.

In Group B OD also had a chance left but I didn't hear from him to continue our game after I posted in the other thread and send him two emails. I also have no record for his game against Kuni.

So the Tourney continues in the semifinals.

Iron Ranger vs Kuniworth (check Firebase to find the crazy Swede ;) )

Dragonheart vs Friendly Fire

It would be nice to have an AAR for both games and the final later on.

The title of Blue Master awaits...

yodasmurf.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranger,

Kuni would like to do your AAR on the Firebase site since he's not allowed to post here.

Maybe you could just put a link here to the AAR.

Here's a link to CT's site, you'll have to register first smile.gif

Anyway, you guys should decide.

Good luck to all the sem-final players.

Hi all,

I´m back from holiday and noticed that my first move with the "evil" axis :D , confused FF so much that he did not make his move despite my 1 week absence.

He promised me to finish his plannings for his move until this tuesday then we should go ahead with 1-2 moves per day. Our game will also count for the league, as soon we have a couple turns we will work together to write an AAR.

Cya Dragonheart

Hey Kurt, I just re-sent turn 112. Let me know if you got it. I haven't been aware of any problems with my email since last week when the virus was wreaking havoc everywhere.

Dragonheart, sent you a turn also.

Terif, are you out there? I've tried sending a few messages to you but I haven't had any replies.

Dragonheart (Axis) VS FriendlyFire (Allied)

brief update

end of turn 3

USSR North: Axis attacking in strength towards Moscow with heavy armor and air support.

USSR South: Quiet.

Scandanavia: Axis lands units in Sweden and overpower the capital. Sweden fights on however.

West & Atlantic: Allies force a German unit out of Brest and take the city with UK corps. German mine bombed. UK raiders land near Denmark and are thrashed by Italian marines (okay men, get in your boats, sail around, land where you started, and kill some Brits!).

One sub spotted by air and sunk by two UK BBs.

Med: Allies declare war on Iraq, the search for WMD is underway.

Dragon - my stupid email provider is down, expect the turn very soon.

[ February 12, 2004, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Friendly Fire ]

yep my italian marines killed some british tourists which intented to visit my harbour :D

The russians killed one german army near the gates of moskov due to a stupid attack one round before. The commander was replaced and executed and under new command one russian tank and one army was killed as revenge.

These stupid swedes did not realize that the game is over for them.

In the west Brest is a lost case...americans are expected to land soon.

My subs in Fall Blau are useless as i always forget to move them...so FF could attack them as i missed to strike first. :(

Dragonheart:Friendly Fire Turn 5

In the west the allies used their full airpower and captured Bruessels....one british and one canadian army landed.

Swiss is no longer neutral and will be converted to our faith soon.

In the east great news for hitler. Leningrad and Moskov felt into axis hands. FF did a bad mistake there as he withdrew his forces and placed only a corps in the city. 2 Ground attacks and 3 air attacks fullfilled this conquest and i could even save one further air attack. Hopefully my strenght 12 tank in the city will sustain an upcoming counterattack.

Sweden surrendered in Turn 4.

Irak is attacked by british forces but the corps is still on full strengh.

Update...

In the past turns we had an exchange of units in the east.

In the west two german cities felt into the hand of the allies. Paris is still untouched. It seems he is looking for a straight way to Berlin.

So far i did nothing to avoid this but in turn 8 i run the first counter killing one american corps, recapturing the french mine and damaged one further corps and 2 armies. IMO the coming rounds will be critical for the outcome of our game.

In the med the allies sunk one italian BB and damaged another one.....strong presence of allied navy in the med.

I sent an italian HQ and two AF´s to balance out the situation there. Currently they perform some training on the harbour of malta. Unfortunately i lost one italian corps which was surprised by one british BB.

Irak is still axis only the oil wells belong to the allied.

to be continued.......

Americans fall back and dig in around Brussels in the West... ("Well Ike, you did want to get their attention, right?")

Stalins troops kill yet another Axis armor, bring em on! A counterattack is ordered in the south, where the defense seems to be mainly Italian and Axis minor troops.

next few turns should be pretty interesting...

Turn 10

Changed roles. Axis went defensive in the east. Russian corps pouring through the caps in the south. Trying to establish a defensive formation.

In the west axis is kicking allied ass.. killing 2 american armies one british corps and retaking one german city. All landing forces are now sourrounded arround bruessels area. Looks like a stalingrad for allies :D .

Army group south which attacked from the south is lead by Rommel and Army group east is lead by von Bock. Manstein is responsible for aircover. In some intercepton battles two brithish AF´s and one carrier were damaged at least as strong as the axis units as i have lvl 3 ag lvl 2.

Oh didnt i mention it?....almost all my air is in the west now :D .

Dunkirk II. The last Allied unit leaves Brussels. (Run away, run away). The appearance of L3 german air was quite a shock to the Allied high command. So much for air superiority.

In the East the Soviet counterattack in the South recaptures Kharkov.

The battle of Iraq starts for real as a mix of UK and USSR units encircles Bagdad. Baddad corps entrenchment down to 2.

Turn 12

After recapturing Bruessels german high command announces Rommel for the defence of France and the western hemissphere. Germans will take their positions and dig in.

The battle for Kharkov is a desaster. Bad supply and no possiblity to reinforce there. So the mines will be russian too soon.

An italian taskforce is ordered to help in the east and take positions arround Kiev.

Germans form a line in Smolensk area and hope to stabilize the situation.

Iraq falls to UK and Soviet forces (occupied by UK). One mine falls into Soviet hands. Axis air raid on soviet HQ stationed in Kharkov. Some fighting along the front lines in the east, but mostly both sides are preparing for the huge battle ahead.

USA air force takes out it's frustration on Dublin corps. Dublin wiped out but not occupied. UK carrier raids Tobruk, Italian air raids Malta port.

August 22, 1943.

The second offensive towards Kharkov has begin. Over the past few months Germany has been building up a large air force in the region. No less than six air fleets participate in the offensive led by Weiss. One armor divison and one army division are lost, but not without extracting a toll on the enemy. A counterattack ordered by claims an axis armor division and a couple of corps units. Some valuable ground is regained.

The USA now occupies Bergen.

Not wanting to be left out of the war, the UK assaults the Tobruk garrison, killing it but not yet occupying the city. The Victorious raids the Norwegian mine.

Jet tech race: UK 4, USA 3?, Germany 4. Germany has LR tech also. No significant developments in ground tech.

probably Allies outproduce Axis, haven't counted it up tho. Axis have some highly experienced units, and probably the HQs are pretty damn good now.