Time Scaling

Aacooper

I'm having fun with the demo, it seems like the game is almost ready to ship.

I noticed the MPP's are collected independant of the length of the turn, even though the turns vary quite a bit in length. Is that a simplification, or do people think that can be improved. After all, production wasn't 8x faster in the summer than winter.

Also, since weather effects are abstracted as part of the time scale, there's no sense of time passing, except for the date. Would it make sense to put a slider or something (Jan. on the left, Dec. on the right), or a graphic indicating season to highlight the passage of time?

Where does the 8x figure come from? Turns in summer = 1 week. Turns in winter = 4 weeks. (I think.)

It seems a little strange, but figure it's colder, transportation is more difficult, plus everyone gets those two weeks off for Christmas... smile.gif

Guy

Originally posted by Aacooper:

I noticed the MPP's are collected independant of the length of the turn, even though the turns vary quite a bit in length. Is that a simplification, or do people think that can be improved. After all, production wasn't 8x faster in the summer than winter.

AA,

It is intentional to help simulate the slow-down in overall activity that is generally experienced in winter.